1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Sarno is retiring. Help create a tribute.

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Rinkey

Rinkey Peer Supporter

KMC- Great idea emailing Stossel and Stern.
    We're up to 30 thank you notes in the Book.

2. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Yahoo! 70 more to go!!

3. Enrique

I just heard this interview. It's good. I'd like to put on the wiki actually. I don't think we have it linked there. I'll see if I can find an appropriate place for it.

EDIT: I updated the wiki and added the link here http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Internet_Resources under the Podcast Interviews section.

4. Enrique

5. KMC NJ

KMC NJ New Member

Hi again, everyone. I just read the latest thank you submissions and got teary-eyed. It is so interesting to read what everyone had to say and how much Dr. Sarno helped them.

I found this link...not sure if you've seen it, but it's a video of recent Senate hearings on chronic pain, and Dr. Sarno is on the panel. Evidently Senator Harkin has read Dr. Sarno's books. You can fast forward and see Dr. Sarno testifying, and also scroll down to see a transcript I think it is of his testimony. I am so glad that he got in to do this! Very pleasantly surprised that he was welcome, though I know Senator Harkin is into alternative medicine. Thank goodness. Maybe TMS will finally be recognized someday for what it is.

http://www.help.senate.gov/hearings/hearing/?id=5906d585-5056-9502-5dd1-1d549d0d88f7

Karen

6. Enrique

Hi Karen,

Yes, I did get wind of that hearing. I think Forest was going to write the Senator to let him know we're out here fighting the good fight. I think it's super exciting that someone at Senator Harkin's level is not only admitting to have been cured by Dr. Sarno, but is trying to give these ideas more exposure.

Enrique

7. KMC NJ

KMC NJ New Member

Hi Enrique,

I totally agree. I can't believe it, but I just sat and watched the entire video, 129 minutes. But it was great, especially for a Senate hearing! If you scroll over to 102:30 you can hear Senator Harkin's personal story and thus why Dr. Sarno is on the panel. It is good.

Karen

Enrique likes this.
  8. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Everyone,

I have been blown away at the amazing responses we have received. This book is very moving and I think Dr. Sarno will be very touched by it. I wanted to let you all know that we pushed the deadline back one day. The new deadline is now Tomorrow, April 10th. If you haven't yet sent in a contribution there is still time, but you need to hurry. The email to send the contributions to is thankyoudrsarno@tmswiki.org. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask. If you haven't seen it yet check out www.thankyoudrsarno.org .

Forest

Enrique likes this.
  9. Peg

Peg New Member

Hi All,
    Nice job with the new site. I wanted to confirm that you received my submission for the thank you Dr Sarno project. I sent the email on April 7th. I can re-send if need be. Thanks, Peg (It's me Peg H) :)

10. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Peg,

Yes we did receive your submission, and have added it to the book. Sorry for the delayed response. The message is great.

11. Peg

Peg New Member

Thanks Forest. I just wanted to make sure I had sent it correctly.