1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

DR. SARNO VIDEO: DR. SARNO ON HIS WORK

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Mar 19, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

DR. SARNO ON HIS WORK – A GREAT, SHORT VIDEO

Dr. Sarno’s books such as Healing Back Pain introduced many of us to TMS and
    pain being caused by our repressed emotions. Many of us have become pain-free
    by reading them and discovering those painful emotions that developed into anger
    and built up into rage.

In this 15-minute video, Dr. Sarno explains it all and how we can heal,
    and great as his book is, seeing him and listening to him talk about TMS makes
    it all come very clear to everyone. He is interviewed by a man who hurt his back
    while moving scenery for the television series “All in the Family,” but the pain
    really was caused by his repressed emotions.

Dr. Sarno says, “When the brain becomes aware of certain psychological difficulties,
    it automatically tries to have us avoid dealing with those emotional issues,
    so it creates a physical symptom. It does that so your attention will be directed
    to your body rather than to your mind.” It’s the unconscious mind’s way of
    helping us discover the psychological reason for our pain.

He suggests, “Don’t think of the pain physically. The only way to deal with this is
    psychologically.”

Once I accepted that 100 percent, I healed from severe back pain.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    tigerlilly and LindaRK like this.
  2. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Thanks for sharing, Walt. As always, it's good to hear Dr. Sarno speak again .... and again .... and again. It's never too much!

3. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

Thank you, Walt! We bought the full DVD of Dr. Sarno's lecture, which is wonderful. What I appreciate about this one you posted is that it is like the Cliff Notes version of what TMS is all about. Something that I can listen to on a daily basis in between work calls and emails to keep me thinking on the right track.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I too think the video is like Cliff Notes. Short and sweet and says it all.

Here's a very cute new dog photo:

in the arms of love.JPG

Mermaid likes this.
  5. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

Very cute dog photo, Walt! It's really amazing the bond that we have with our pets.