1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Laughter Funny films . Books

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by mike2014, Jul 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

For those who would like to see some old British humour, I post a clip from The Two Ronnie's.

Hope you can access it.

wendyd likes this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Zumbafan, a classic show, I grew up watching this and Open all hours.

3. mike2014

Hi All, for anyone who is a fan of British comedy, I highly recommend a British TV show called 'Not Going out'. Absolutely hilarious.

yb44 likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Mike, I enjoy the Tony visits to his shrink. He sure has TMS.

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Here are three of my favorite clips, on Utube, which I turn to if I want to laugh. I think part of the humor for me is the of "serious" vs absurd

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Two more classics short clips:

7. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I second the motion about "Not Going Out". I just finished watching the latest series. Family don't watch with me but hearing me laughing and want to know what all the commotion is about. Even the dog comes to see what's happening! I occasionally tape the Friday night reruns from Dave if I'm too tired and watch them Saturday morning with my cup of tea.

8. mike2014

Hi yb44, you have great taste :)

I have just been watching 'All in the Family', it's a classic American Sitcom, I can imagine they wouldn't get away with half of the lines these days.

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Mike, those are some of my favorites, too.

I will look up "Not Going Out."

Have you seen the British movie, "Death at a Funeral"? It's really hilarious.
    Much funnier than the US remake.

10. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

angelic333 likes this.
  11. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

I watched the full Curb seasons recently, they are brilliant especially if you like un-PC comedy. The scene were Larry gets given a heroes welcome into the Palestinian chicken joint made me nearly pee my pants!

Fantastic that Larry himself is a patient of Sarno. One reason that has made me consider making the trip to New York for the premiere(as well as seeing the city), the possibility he might show up!

12. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

I would recommend Fr Ted to anyone who likes British humour. It recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. It was pretty controversial in Ireland(esp North) where the Catholic Church holds a lot of sway. It about three priests who live on a remote island, one is a drunk, the other a simpleton and Father Ted(main character) is someone who feels he never met his true potential in life and constantly bemoaning the fact he has been assigned to a low level parish.

< whilst on a trip out with some priests they get stranded in the lingerie section and can't find their way out

Colly and Peggy like this.
  13. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Brilliant Irish! And while we're in the Fr Ted mood:

IrishSceptic likes this.
  14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Good stuff, Mike. I take the Sopranos as comedy.

15. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Happy Friday everyone - hope you enjoy this as much as I did:

16. mike2014

Hi there, if anyone gets a chance I'd like to recommend a TV show called Community. It's hilarious.

17. angelic333

angelic333 Peer Supporter

Lately I have been watching the reruns of THE BIG BANG THEORY. My children watched for years but I never paid much attention until recently. Great stuff, especially for us TMS nerds.

mike2014 likes this.
  18. mike2014

Good show, I quite like that myself.

19. mike2014

Hi All,

I've just started watching an amusing TV show called Silicon Valley and highly recommend it.

20. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

Superstar and anything with will Ferrell makes me laugh. I love zoo lander and my cousin Ginny.