1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Gastritis Advise

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ines, May 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ines

Ines Well known member

Hi All,

I've got a secondary imperative situation going on. Migraines are pretty much gone but as soon as they were out the door gastritis kicked in. This was a year ago. For a while I had to deal with both but now I feel like gastritis is in the front seat and migraines are in the rear view mirror ( see ya! ).
    Since it's a secondary imperative problem I never journaled about it. I know what brought my chronic migraines. There was also other problems too like anxiety, constipation, allergies, asthma, tinnitus, neck pain etc.. All gone (except for tinnitus). I am aware that stress and pressure is brining it on. I know fear brings it on as well as body scans in the morning when I wake up. Just like my migraines. I've tried to not judge it, not pay attention to it. I've also tried to take medications and not be so hard on myself for it. It got better for a while but now it's much worse.
    This past weekend was my birthday. I had wine and mexican food. Then, left overs and boy did I feel the burn in my tummy. It's this weird catch 22 situation where I don't want to change my whole diet like I did with migraines before I learned about TMS, but I don't want to deal with all the inflammation and acid. It's been a year and with migraines and the other symptoms I saw improvement but this is just a steady annoyance.
    Any advise or tips?

TrustIt likes this.
  2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Just bumping this up in case anyone out there has any advise. TIA.

3. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

i had a mysterious bout of gastritis for about a month that just sort resolved on it's own. The problem was never really figured out, and it's possible i had an ulcer at some point (symptoms suggested it). I still went ahead and took prilosec and digestive enzymes. i dont know if that was the key, but like i said, it just sort of went away. I do think my nervous system was behind all this. It might not hurt to take a med like prilosec, as long as you look at it like "my stomach is just sensitive right now because of my brain. Meds help you cope with this sensitivity, but they dont cure it". Like if your stomach is abnormally sensitive, then yeah, excess acid can make you feel worse, so consider it a bandaid until you can get to the root cause. Stomachs are very reactive when dealing with stress and anxiety.

Ines likes this.
  4. Ines

Ines Well known member

Hi Nicole, I do have meds I take as needed just so I don't have to think about it. I had a test done and they confirmed it was only gastritis. It's just been a nagging thing for a year that won't really go away. Last week I tried doing apple cider vinegar before meals and kombucha after and it's actually helping. But... it's such a catch 22 with how much attention I need to pay to it. That's the part that I'm having a hard time with. Thanks for your reply.

5. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

the stomach is a sensitive organ. If I have a bit of an irritation I use Luvos healing earth. It is a special, very fine earth from Germany that binds all sorts of bacteria, also too much cholesterol and acid. You can also use it for the face for cleansing :rolleyes:. You can buy it over Amazon, also in the US and other countries.

Ines likes this.
  6. readytoheal

readytoheal Peer Supporter

I’ve heard on this forum “It’s not what I’m eating but what’s eating me”. I remind myself of that often. Once I start worrying about diet/what I’m eating, it is always like adding fuel to the fire.. it gets worse and sticks around longer. I reassure myself that my stomach is fine and that it is the stressors causing the problem. Plus I’ve had too many inconsistencies to believe it really is about the food but rather how relaxed I am.

TrustIt and Ines like this.