1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

great TED video about stress. perhaps a reason why the discussion forum is so helpful!

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by jlala, Apr 25, 2014.

1. jlala

jlala New Member

2. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Love this TED talk, thanks for sharing Jlala.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Jlala and Colly were two among more than 5 million people who viewed this video in which psychologist Kelly McGonigal suggests we see stress as a positive force instead of a negative, that stress may only be bad for us if we believe it to be. One way she says we can reduce stress is to help others.
    That makes sense since it helps us to get out of ourselves and do something helpful to others.

One reply quoted Dr. Wayne Dyer who said "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." I agree, and it is pure TMS, that our mind and thoughts can control our mental and physical well-being.

If we choose to stress ourselves out about feeling stressed, the bodily effect such as pain is much longer lasting.

A lot of good discussion was generated from this video about stress. My own experience has been that if I let stress take charge of me, I feel rotten.
    My trick is to distract myself with positive thoughts and actions so I don't let stress make me ill. Stress can be a challenge for change to the good,
    not the bad.