1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Has dry eye been addressed?

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by jokeysmurf, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Believe

Believe New Member

Glad that spot is gone. Sounds great. My vision is all over the place. For the most part, I can’t see close up anymore and distance is getting blurry. Not sure why my eyes stay dry or burn all the time.

I meditate every day. My symptoms have been going on way too long. It’s exhausting.

Jashton1 likes this.
  2. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

I'm sorry to hear that. My eye issues started in 2018 and just recently have started to show signs of it being TMS.
    Hang in there. It's difficult not to be overly aware or preoccupied with something that has been such a constant thing.

3. Jashton1

Jashton1 New Member

I have had dry eye syndrome that came out of nowhere 4 months ago and I have been experiencing stinging, burning and prickliness in
    my eyes off and on almost every day. It is VERY painful and makes life unbearable sometimes. And I know it's 100% TMS. The onset
    of dry eyes occurred during a very stressful rough patch in my life. It has gotten better only over the last 1 week.

4. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Ah, one of my myriad of symptoms. It is not “gone” but it doesn’t bug me (never much really did!). I follow sensible guidelines to use a moisturizing eye drop twice a day, was my eyes well at night and my favorite, to wear a warm eye mask while meditating because wow! That feels so nice. It also helped me recognize how much tension I hold in my eyes.
    Dr. Sarno suggests when we get symptoms, we think psychologically, and to consider our inner rage. It helped me recognize that some of the things I see make me really angry.

5. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

My dry eyes has gotten like 90% better, some days I don't have it at all and for the most part it's nearly normal now.

The trigger for me is things that cause tension, anxiety, anger. Almost 100% of the time. When I'm able to feel into those feelings it gets better but it doesn't go away. For me this is just the first step.

The second step is to feel safe internally. That might take time because it's your unconscious brain which feels unsafe or something similar. How we can cultivate safety is where you can journal, release pent up emotions, talk with people you trust, do things that not only make you feel normal but strong.

I personally believe we have to go beyond mere thoughts and journals because the amygdala learns through actions during times of stress. So we grt learning opportunities all the time.