1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Parts Therapy Healed - IBS/Constipation/Migraine/Backache

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by nachiketas, May 10, 2019.

1. nachiketas

nachiketas New Member

Namaste,

I have had IBS/Constipation/Migraine/Backache for about 20 years, and none since the last 20 days. Here are my 2 cents -

Background - Had a difficult childhood, my personality was not emotionally integrated. Had difficulty in dealing with people and situations; so digestive problem was a constant companion.

What helped?
    • Sarno's books - dont know how many times I have read him!! It established firmly in the idea that mind and body are not separate.
    • Eckhart Tolle - Verily a Rishi (a sage i.e.) in modern times - there are videos/podcasts of him on the web. His series with Oprah on 'The New Earth' are free on youtube and castbox. What did I learn from these? (Note - I am from a Hindu-Buddhist background, so some of my observations have a bias - but what Eckhart says are quite universal. Imho)
    1. Dont regret the past - u cant change it, plus it generates new pain in the present. The universe would have come up with a time machine if past/future were that important!!
    2. Future can be dealt in 2 ways - the world is a projection of our minds. The future depends on the present state of consciousness - so clearly visualize your goals. Even if our desires are not fulfilled, the future (or past) cant overpower consciousness. Consciousness ALWAYS wins!! Always!!
    • Some videos of Anita Moorjani - The universe (or God/Divine Mother) is always guiding us. I guess lack of faith (faith and belief are not the same) is the only obstruction. Any prayer which is not driven by the ego is always answered.
    So what has changed in the last few days? Due to faith, fear has reduced substantially. Even the onrush of thoughts has reduced - thats because most of our thoughts are guided by fear, and often we are addicted to thinking. Stress, anxiety, depression, sadness etc are just fancy names for fear. In fact, even boredom, lazyness, lust etc are manifestations of fear - it will take a long post to explain this. Eckhart deals with this in his concept of 'pain body'.

How did this happen?
    Due to a heavy pain body, I had substituted my meditation by long evening walks. An Indian Guru had once mentioned that if u have faith (that the Divine Mother guides u every moment), u will not have fear. Never ever. I kept on contemplating on these lines during my walk - and voila!! Something clicked in the mind and fear reduced, thoughts reduced and have never been lazy in the last 20 days. NO fatigue, no constipation/ibs, no nothing!! Not even the restlessness and irritability of the past.

In conclusion, I am indebted to my suffering. Without it I would not have grown to what I am now. 'If there is a road to heaven, it definitely passes through hell!!'

This old song sums up life in a mystical fashion (meaning).

Nana, westb, TrustIt and 3 others like this.
  2. Aaricia

Aaricia Peer Supporter

Hi @nachiketas!

Thanks for your posts and time with giving us some great advice.
    I’ll take a listen to Eckhart work but the only problem that I have is that for me and him English is a second language and I have really hard time with understanding what he is saying. I understand the words but sometimes I’m loosing the main idea. But maybe I should look for some videos with subtitles.

I’ll keep my faith up.
    Same to you!

nachiketas likes this.
  3. nachiketas

nachiketas New Member

Hello @Aaricia,

Try not to focus too much on English - just listen without inner resistance, in a state of acceptance. Intellect will shine forth on its own....

Prayers and best wishes.

TrustIt likes this.
  4. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Thanks for your post nachiketas,

Glad you are doing well. I loved reading, and contemplating on your process, and your subsequential healing.

I found myself pondering the comment you made on how 'any prayer which is not driven by the ego is always answered." This comment, in and of itself, gives me pause. I have always thought that prayer was ego-driven and have difficulty understanding how one could use prayer at all, without the ego being the driving force behind the prayer. I find prayer to be so self-serving. The idea of prayer is a difficult idea for me to understand.
    Anyway, your post and the references you make to and about Sarno, Tolle are helpful. Good points to ponder.

May your healing give you new light.

Kindly
    Lainey

5. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Oh yes,
    I love the photo you have for your Avatar!
    Lainey

nachiketas likes this.
  6. nachiketas

nachiketas New Member

Eckhart discusses what an ego is - and it will take a long time to type how a prayer is answered. But I would not have grown to this state without my pain body. And I wouldn't exchange this state of mind even for a million dollars.

TrustIt likes this.
  7. nachiketas

nachiketas New Member

Cows, dogs and kids are my favorite people

8. nachiketas

nachiketas New Member

Oh I forgot - I had depression and bipolar disorders, along with lactose/gluten/nuts/soy intolerance etc. Many friends were wondering depression is be incurable. I didnt have an answer at that time but, somewhere deep inside, my heart said I will overcome all these. I had almost forgotten that I had these till I met someone with similar issues recently.

Duende likes this.
  9. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

what i observe is that prayer, when in the spirit of asking for the highest good for all, asking what source would have you do to serve the whole, and what this symptom is here to teach you, rather than please fix it. it puts the "selfish" requests (those we believe are selfish), in the background. prayer, to me, is not to plead with a "god" who metes out reward and punishment. it is to connect to the power that is responsible for the grand design of all nature, including us, and an offer to do your part, to offer your unique gift as a contribution to the entire collective.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    westb likes this.
  10. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Trustit
    Your observation regarding prayer . . .with a focus on the whole, what I can learn, and asking for the highest good for all, which are seemingly good 'requests' may ring true for some. Prayer has been used for eons as an intermediary between our human state and making a connection with another. . .. . .source, god, higher state of understanding. Yet, my inquiry into the reality of prayer is not that humanity is asking how we can best serve the whole, or learn from this dilemma, but more of a pleading for an other to fix what is amiss. We are better to ask "what has this situation come to teach me?"

Ellen likes this.
  11. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

gosh, it seems like you are saying what i was saying. not sure your point.

12. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Maybe so, but I do not see that.