1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help with viewing Urinary Symptoms, Prostatitis, CPPS, Pelvic Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jonconner, Feb 19, 2022.

1. jonconner

jonconner Peer Supporter

Hey Everyone,

I hope everyone is well.

I have what we call Prostatitis, CPPS, Pelvic Pain etc etc.

I've posted about my story on here before, to cut it short - lost my business within a month or so frequency and urgency. I can't shake those symptoms and now I have anxiety around those symptoms.

I need help on how to view, approach the urge to pee!!!

What do I do?

Do I not stress about needing to go again so soon after just going and just go to the toilet?

When I have the constant urge to pee in my penis? Do I not go or go?

If I don't give in to the urge I tend to tense more!!!

I already have quite bad anxiety and this has added a new layer.

Thanks in advance for any help

Love to you all

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I suggest you do both: allow the urge and use the toilet sometimes, and other times hang out and witness and feel. You can't really go wrong here because the practice is to bring awareness to the process. The more awareness, without judgement, the more things will tend to loosen, and you'll see more. Try to become less attached to what ever way you choose to deal with the situation in the moment. Alan Gordon's new book is great in that it encourages --and I forget the phrase-- self-soothing, self-addressing symptoms in a habitual, non-"pushthrough" way. He says go ahead and do stuff which relieves symptoms even if you think this is re-enforcing the pattern. Give yourself a break when you need it.

This is why I say the awareness will help over time: if you're mindfully doing whatever you're doing, you're less identified and more space for movement will develop.

This is good to see, although upsetting. Allow this, know what's going on. Love yourself in this as best you can. Making yourself wrong for this is not helpful. Nor believing that this is making you worse-off is helpful. Understand this is part of the whole complex, and natural.

3. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

this is a very recent TMS symptom
    for me and promoted me to begin a deeper inner work. every time i solve a TMS issue, a few months later something even wackier arises. it’s exhausting but clearly i still have a lot
    to learn.

Booble likes this.
  4. Booble

Booble Well known member

It's great that you are so quick to recognize that these wacky bodily sensations are TMS.
    Your self awareness is really get. Give yourself an extra pat on the back from me!

I think you said previously that you had other TMS-y issues in the past in the genital area? Maybe try to dig deep in that area. I'm sure you already have but maybe the little younger you inside of yourself has some clues he could share with you. I know for me "Little Booble" always has a lot to share (onto my paper).

5. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

oh yeah~ my inner child has a lot
    of opinions and i’ve done a lot of writing about it. still working through it all~ sorting through a lot
    of internal conflicts. it’s a process!