1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Herniated disc, pinched nerve and numbness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newuser, Aug 25, 2020.

1. newuser

newuser Newcomer

My MRI shows large herniated disc and a pinched nerve causing numbness. A little history: My pain started after I did lunges in the gym and it lasted for over a year. MRI showed disc herniation, which caused sciatica. About few months ago I had a massive back spasm and after the pain subsided I've started to feel numbness, weakness (toes and calf) and tingling. My spine surgeon wants to get surgery done ASAP.

I read Dr Sarno's book and truly believe in TMS but I am not sure if I am dealing with TMS correctly. Also, have others had something similar and what they did that helped them. I would greatly appreciate advice from those who have had this before.

Also, are there good online programs available to check if what I am doing is right TMS approach?

2. Hannah7

Hannah7 New Member

did this get better for you???