1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tutorial How to get words in your post to wrap around pictures or videos

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone.

Occasionally, I want pictures or videos in my posts to "float" on the right while my words wrap around them, like you would see in a newspaper or magazine article. While I was installing some other functionality today, I added this feature.

upload_2016-2-6_17-7-46.png For example, to the right of this paragraph, you should see a diagram that illustrates what it looks like when something is floated on a web page. The diagram is a bit simplified, in black and white, but it shows one box that "floats" on the left hand side of the screen and one box that floats on the right hand side of the screen. And the entire black and white diagram is floating on the right side of this post.

To make this happen, I just pasted the diagram between two tags that appeared when I pressed the "float right" button that is now in the toolbar when you make a post. It looks like this: upload_2016-2-6_17-11-10.png . The button makes it pretty easy to make things float right if you want to in your posts. You just click the button and then paste whatever you want in between the tags that appear. Likewise, you can move the tags around so that the thing floats where you want it to float. In this post, I put the tags right before the words, "For example," above.

Grateful17 likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

[​IMG] There's also a button to make things float left. You can use this to have text that wraps around to the right of a picture or video. Also, you can make words or videos float left or right if you want. To illustrate this, I've floated our logo to the left of this paragraph. With the buttons, it's quite easy to do!

If anyone has any questions about how to do this, feel free to ask them in this thread.