1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Howard Schubiner/Alan Gordon course in Michigan

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MindBodyPT, Feb 26, 2017.

1. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi all!

I just got an email that Howard Schubiner and Alan Gordon will be running a 2-day TMS training course in Michigan this year May 5-6! Flyer is attached. I'm pretty sure i'll be going, any of you healthcare providers on here should definitely consider it! Pass it on :)

Attached Files:

Ellen and resilient like this.
  2. resilient

resilient New Member

Looks good

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Limited to 100 participants - I would love to know how quickly it sells out! It looks awesome.

resilient likes this.
  4. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Just signed up for this! Hope to see other practitioners there :)

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Here is the first page of the brochure.

Note that there are two speakers, an MD and a psychotherapist. The psychotherapist is also the person who runs our Ask A TMS Therapist program!

upload_2017-3-21_1-22-39.png

MindBodyPT likes this.
  6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I am sorry that I cannot attend this, due to another engagement. Thanks for keeping us informed of these kind of opportunities. This looks great!

7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hoping they look into providing live online access to the training in the future for those of us who can't afford the travel costs. Looks like a fantastic conference.

8. Duggit

Duggit Well known member

MindBody PT, since you are going to the Schubiner/Gordon training course, I thought you might be interested in seeing a review of Unlearn Your Pain by psychiatrist Scott Alexander and a couple responses to it. I was unable to create a link to the Alexander book review that works, but you can find it by Googling this: book review unlearn your pain slate star codex

Alexander was highly skeptical of Schubiner's approach. His review drew 274 comments. One commenter asked Alexander if he had read an article by prominent neurobiologist Stephan Guyenet praising Sarno's Healing Back Pain and explaining how it had helped him. You can find that article by Googling "Stephan Guyenet Healing Back Pain" if you are interested. Alexander thanked the commenter for calling Guyenet's article to his attention and added: "That really raised my opinion of the [mindbody] technique. I trust Guyenet a lot, and if he finds it plausible there's got to be something to it."

Finally there is a response to Alexander's book review by Nat Kuhn, a psychiatrist who specializes in ISTDP and to whom Schubiner has referred patients. I think this link to it will work: http://kuhn-work.blogspot.com (Thoughts on Psychotherapy and Psychiatry)