1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hurt my wrist doing push ups. I have a question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by wastinglight, Apr 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. wastinglight

wastinglight New Member

Hey everyone. I am familiar with what TMS is. A while ago I dealt with it in my left wrist.

3 days ago, while doing push-ups to stay active under covid lockdown, I hurt my right wrist. I felt a snapping pain in the tendons near the base of my thumb. The soreness I have felt since is textbook Dequervains Tendonitis. I know this because it’s exactly what i had in my left wrist a year and a half ago.

I know now that these injuries will heal on their own, and that any lingering pain is TMS.

My question is: I wonder how long should I give it a rest? I am a guitarist by trade, and want to get back to playing as soon as possible. Right now the last few days I cannot play for more than a few minutes without soreness. I really want to use this time to advance in my instrument. Very frustrating to get injured in the middle of it... do you think a week or two should give my body sufficient time to heal?

2. Hydrlysis

Hydrlysis New Member

Hello,

I know from that after a surgery for tennis elbow (tendinitis) where the tendon is completely cut and reattached, it takes 3 months for the tendon to reach 80% of it's maximum strength. You definitely do not have anywhere near the damage caused from a surgery. Don't have fear, know you will be fully healed (or near fully) and do the rest of your activities normally. Should heal with a few months FOR SURE.