1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I just cannot get over the "hump" this go around. Try a program?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jimmerpro, May 21, 2018.

1. jimmerpro

jimmerpro New Member

Hi. I have had MANY manifestations of TMS over the last 30+ years. Small / short-term symptoms reoccur several times every year and I can "think" them away.
    But about once a year I get symptoms that force me to get back into the studying of Dr. Sarno / TMS material and this eventually works to recovery.
    This time I cannot get fully over the "hump" and some annoying symptoms persist.
    These are MEAN symptoms that I have recovered from before; tingling & twitching mostly in the face, ringing in the ears, tension headache/pains, anxiety "feeling" (that's helping cause insomnia). I'm 100% healthy, it's TMS and equivalents.
    I have not tried any of the recovery programs. I guess I am at that point.
    Since this time it is not really a back pain issue I was wondering what program I should try. Thoughts?
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Jim

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi Jim,
    I feel like a kid advising an adult because you are a TMS veteran! Having said that, I suggest Alan Gordon's program here. It will hopefully add to what you already know about TMS.

Could you explain what symptom you're having now? Either way, good luck!

Lizzy

3. jimmerpro

jimmerpro New Member

Hi Lizzy. Thanks for the advise.
    I guess you can call me sort of lucky that I haven't had to turn to this forum or a psychologist all these years.
    I own Dr Sarno my life for all the healing through his teachings.
    But obviously I am not fully healed since symptoms come back in some form now and then.
    The symptoms I'm having now are SUPER distracting because they affect my head, face, ears, and sometimes eyes. Tingling in the face and right ear are the first signs of "this" coming on. Then ringing in the ears. When it is the absolute worst it is an anxiety feeling; like too much "energy" charging into my brain/head; I can feel it physically and with this often my eye muscles actually seem to "relax" and I see a little double or I see a bit blurry. Freaky huh? But I've had this before and it's definitely TMS equivalents because Sarno knowledge has healed fairly quickly in the past. This time it's stubborn; and honestly I am so tired of reading the books and listening to audio tapes....it's taking too long this time. I think my unconscious has grown to used to this approach too. ;) Thanks for asking. Jim

Lizzy likes this.
  4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Jim,

I'm so sorry you're experiencing a bad time that won't stop.

Have you read any of Claire Weekes books? She might be a good option for you right now. The forum has info on her, and Youtube has video/audio of her. Listening to her is very soothing and builds confidence.
    Lizzy

5. jimmerpro

jimmerpro New Member

Thanks Lizzy. I listened to some of Dr Weekes. Love her!

Lizzy likes this.