1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is wrist pain tms?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Moppy, Jul 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Moppy

Moppy Peer Supporter

Hi all!
    I did the SEPprogram last year for chronic pain in my elbows which had been diagnosed as repetitive strain injury (RSI).Thanks to a lot of hard work and wonderful support from the tms community, really succeeded in overcoming it. I came near to being pain free for the first time in 5 years!

THEN i began to get pain in my left wrist and after imaging was diagnosed with a cartilage tear in my left wrist and that i also had a positive ulna variance in both arms. ..ie my ulna is longer than my radius bone and this increases my vulnerability to cartilage damage.

I recently had arthroscopic surgery to repair the tear but the surgeon also told me that there was not much cartilage left between my wrist and my hand. I am not sure if this would be classified as arthritis or not. I probably have the same condition in my right hand but don't have this pain. He suggests surgery to reduce the length of the ulna, quite a major procedure which is very painful and requiring two lots of surgery over a 12 month period. I don't want to go down this path.

Therefore my question is could the pain in my left wrist be TMS especially now that the cartilage tear has been cleaned up and i should be more on the mend? There is definitely a structural issue here but it does seem odd that the same ulna structural abnormality exists in my right wrist but i don't have any of this pain and I am right handed so use this hand more.

I've been reading Joe Dispenza's book You are the Placebo but am a little put off due to some controversy abt his credibility, and some of the comments about him on this site. I'm not sure what to make of him.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this as i feel that i am floundering a bit. Has anyone else had a similar problem that they have helped thru the tms approach?