1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Joint pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Simplicity, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I've dealing with severe joint pain at the moment. I read somewhere that if it's truly an inflammation in the joints (and not tms) the area will feel hot, which it does, especially the knees. Is it still tms?

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Simplicity,

Have you seen a medical Dr and ruled out if there is anything structutally wrong?

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
  3. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Yes. It is only when I eat certain food, especially gluten. I've taken a celiac-test and I do not have it.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Simplicity. I suggest you avoid gluten, if it creates joint pain, even if you do not have celiac.

Maybe try to monitor what you eat, a little at a time, and see if you have any discomfort.
    If so, avoid those foods or buy them gluten-free.

Try to avoid all processed foods. Eat more fresh veggies and fruit, avoid meat, and substitute chicken, turkey, and fish.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    Simplicity likes this.
  5. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Update:
    I'm in much better health since eliminating gluten once more and adopting a healing diet. - No more joint pain and inflammation.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  6. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent news. Now that your gut is calm you can slowly work through the TMS modalities and gradually phase in those foods you had an intollerances for.

7. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Thank you, Mike.

Gluten is the one thing I cannot eat. My doctor says that it's life-threatening for me to do so and I know all too well how it destroyed my guts and caused very severe anemia, etc. I will follow my doctor's advice. I will continue with the tms/mbs work, of course; it has done wonders for so many of my symptoms!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  8. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Simplicity,

Sounds like you are having some type of inflammatory response.

Eliminating gluten does help but your body might be reacting to other components in grains as well.

As with most agricultural products they are naturally or artificially bred to contain more of certain components, such as proteins or natural insecticides.
    These components can be seen as foreign invaders and illicit an immune response.

Also, a gluten-free diet can still be high in carbohydrates, which raise blood sugar and insulin levels constantly.

Since I switched to a diet of mostly good fats, moderate protein, and low carbohydrates about 5 years ago I noticed a tremendous improvement in my health.

My sinus problems completely cleared up, my memory became sharper, my energy level shot up, and more.

Please go to www.rapidtecovery.net and see my article on diet in the Medical Secrets section.

9. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Yes, I did. Without going into any details I've been on a healing protocol and it has helped tremendously. I'm now reintroducing more natural whole foods.

10. FredAmir

"I'm now reintroducing more natural whole foods."

That's the key to curing many chronic conditions. Take a look at this new series on PBS based on Michale Pollan's book, "In Defense of Food."

http://www.pbs.org/show/in-defense-of-food/

Simplicity likes this.
  11. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I love Michael Pollan.

I've been eating a paleo type diet for several years and it did help with some of my health issues. Although, since I've been struggling with anxiety my diet turned into an obsession; having to follow it perfectly and so on. ... and of course it didn't help the pain issues that were purely tms/mbs related.

Since beginning the tms/mbs work during the fall I decided that I needed to work on my food issues. My first post was about that and questioning if I was sensitive to gluten. I started eating gluten again and I ended up in the ER with severe inflammation and respiratory problems. I had no idea at the time that I suffered from celiac disease; I have since been diagnosed.

In an effort to heal my gut I started an elimination protocol. I'm a lot better now and I'm beginning to reintroduce foods, but still sticking with natural, unprocessed food that I ate before. I don't want to go back to eating paleo in the long run, though. My plan is to be able to eat a variety of fresh food and not restrict myself other than avoiding gluten.

I'm in a much better place with my anxiety around food and I now enjoy it once again - it is something that brings me joy and pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  12. FredAmir

"My plan is to be able to eat a variety of fresh food and not restrict myself other than avoiding gluten."

That's a very realistic, non-perfectionist, sensible approach.

Simplicity likes this.
  13. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

*Celiac disease is not the same as a food sensitivity - it's an autoimmune disorder that can lead to serious health issues if left untreated. - 'Following a lifelong gluten-free diet is the only medically accepted treatment for people with celiac disease.'

14. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Thanks. :) ~ I'm getting there - it's interesting how much you can change your life by overcoming anxiety.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  15. FredAmir

Just a slight change in perspective can made a major difference. Glad you are doing better.

Simplicity likes this.