1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Journaling: From despair to hope...

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by oneperson, May 21, 2021.

1. oneperson

oneperson Peer Supporter

Hey again @hawaii_five0 ...

I was just reading through this thread again and realized I never responded to your post, though I had wanted to before.
    Apparently I couldn't at that moment...and then my brain forgot.

I had wanted to say, "Thank you!" for the info about David Hanscom's book and about his comments on journaling. And for your kinds words. :)

Journaling definitely resonated (and resonates) with me. I actually wrote my way out of a cult/what had become a toxic belief system for me. So interesting to look back on. Nothing magical; yet, I find it fascinating(?)...along with the whole field of how our bodies and minds interact and weave our stories and how that extends into our communities and the richness of life.

I'm started to meander and babble...but I have other things I want to do. Lol

Thanks again and apologies on my delayed response...
    ~Carol

PS edit: How's it going with you now? If you feel like sharing. You had stated you were struggling at the moment in your post.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  2. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Thanks a lot. Yeah I have been kind of struggling with anxiety and nerves over the last 6 months since developing a back/pelvis problem. I know intellectually the things I can do to help myself - meditation, mindfulness, breathing, journaling, laughter, redirecting negative thoughts, etc. - but getting that into a practice or mindset is coming more slowly. But they say time heals all wounds, haha. I have a family that supports and loves me and that is huge, beyond huge, and something I am extremely grateful for. Thanks for your kind words - sending you a big embrace :)

James

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    oneperson likes this.
  3. oneperson

oneperson Peer Supporter

Aww..thanks James.
    Gentle hugs right back to you. (((<3)))

I'm glad you see how HUGE it is to have a supportive family. I can sense through your post how very grateful you are for that.

Time does allow for healing wounds. As we know here, us humans are designed to heal.
    It's a big deal to show up for the work, imo, and I think our minds and bodies honor that and will show us the steps to take.
    But sometimes, I know for me, I'm not sure which step to take next. Sometimes I wait. Other times I try a path and see how it goes...

My husband said in January that he read a good, simple New Year's resolution. Though I don't do New Year's resolutions, I've thought quite a few times this year about that simple one he had read.
    It is, "Some is better than none." (I guess it depends on the context, but I get the drift. :D)

So kudos for showing up for yourself and for doing the work, even if it seems to be going slowly.
    You are making a difference.

All the best...
    ~Carol :)

Balsa11 and hawaii_five0 like this.
  4. DannyAndDana

DannyAndDana New Member

Thank you for sharing about this significant relationship. Be well. Dana Siegel