1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of success stories for cubital tunnel syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tmsbboy, Jan 14, 2020.

1. tmsbboy

tmsbboy New Member

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I was on this forum after I was able to fix my carpal tunnel syndrome from TMS but my cubital tunnel syndrome has been flaring up rather seriously at times when I work out or at night. I tried to look at some success stories to help myself with reassurance that this was TMS and not structural as this issue came out of nowhere a few years ago and did subside. I did a lot of googlging and it seems there are a lot of TMS success stories for the other RSI related issues such as tendonitis and Carpal tunnel but very little for this specific issue. I was looking to see if I could find some solace with regard to this.

2. mbo

mbo Peer Supporter

not the same ...but quite similar.
    In my case radial tunnel syndrome: supposedly entrapment of the radial nerve along the arcade of Frohse.
    Failed surgery, absolutely. Beware with that fake «pinched nerves» !!!

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Indications that it is likely TMS: came out of nowhere, flares up at night. Did it start after carpal tunnel syndrome went away?

4. tmsbboy

tmsbboy New Member

I used to have both but both went away. Now cubital is back with a vengeance. It was during a period of heavier bicep curls that my elbows started flaring up and they would flare up at night too. I can breakdance fine as long as I do movements with my hands straight but whenever I do any upper body exercises like pushups or weightlifting that involves bending of the arms I eventually get to a point where it gets a bit painful and numb at my pinkies and ring finger. I am trying my best to believe it’s tms but some of the posts I’ve read on this forum with cubital tunnel have been pretty helpless. There are no other success stories and many on this forum question if it is really structural which has made it much harder to solve than the carpal tunnel issues.

5. Future Canadian

Future Canadian Newcomer

Any update? I have had TMS in the past but it's been 5 months for me now- constant numbness in pinky and ring finger. Haven't found any success stories either. Hand doc recommends surgery, but my TMS doc thinks it's still possible it's TMS.

6. TG957

I am the success story you are looking for. I had severe neuropathic pain, swelling, numbness in my entire hand, including ring finger. I had EMG test bad enough to have surgery recommended. In addition to pain, swelling and numbness, my fingers curled in and lost dexterity. I could not write, cook, turn door knobs and many other things. With symptoms I had my expected recovery rate was less than 20%.

I went full TMS, did not take any prescription drugs, and refused steroid injections and surgery. I am 99% recovered, with some minor residual numbness slowly fading away from my middle fingers, but it does not bother me since I am confident it will eventually disappear completely.

7. Future Canadian

Future Canadian Newcomer

That's fantastic, but I'm not sure it directly applies. I had a direct compression of the elbow on a desk for two days on the ulnar nerve, and my symptoms are specifically ulnar not the entire hand. This is just numbness and weakness not pain, and there is noticeable muscle atrophy. This does not come and go like TMS. It is 100% constant numbness and weakness of very specific areas.

8. TG957

I read your older post on the other thread, looks like you had other areas impacted. Had the outside of your palm healed? Had the size of the numb area decreased over time? How exactly do you know that there is a muscle atrophy? Also, just to let you know, TMS symptoms are not necessarily intermittent, and, yes, a hand surgeon showed me how my hand had a clear muscle weakness. Also ulnar and median nerves are very similar in there location and functions, so I would not distinguish between ulnar and medial nerve symptoms.