1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Levine & Sarno: Compatible Theories?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BruceMC, Mar 29, 2012.

1. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

But it still seems like trauma and emotional repression occur simultaneously in response to major life stress events and must both be dealt with.

2. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

It sounds as though you have dealt with all of it effectively! Taking care of a parent has to be very stressful. I remember my mom taking care of my Grandmother and I think it was overwhelming for her. The thing about dealing with it is there isn't a time limit!

3. Looking for space

My new therapist which I have not seen yet, practice's a technique called focusing , I purchased the book . even people such as Peter Levine. acknowledges this particular person and how he helped Modern Body and trauma healing.
    That doctor's name is Eugene T Gendlin.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Aren't we all blowing thing out of proportion...digging for certain event or trauma that started our Tms to begin .. Isn't easier just to realize this event or trauma happened feel the emotion that came from it and move..

I feel all the different things we all try to do just keep feeding the fear and pain cycle ? I feel just getting back to the pure basic of Sarno theory enough.

5. Looking for space

Well It's great that we have so many choices, We have to understand that mind body work is not a modern phenomenon, It's very very old! NI believe that whatever works for you or anyone else do it some people on here did somatic experiencing and it worked some people did little mixture of sarno and somatic experiencing.
    What I will be doing is called focusing and all I know is that it does not rely on the brain and after The initial meeting with my therapists where he gets to know me,gets to know what I'm going through ,and what dramas I've had in my life he'll have a questions for me or ask me some questions, He then starts therapy to get my mind out of the way, and it's through the body and body movements that the therapist can tell and also the exercise you're doing with that therapist can tell because the body will never forget trauma, and it will never forget what made you anxious, it will never forget what gave you pain ,and/ or any other problem that would be called , somatization disorder . So hopefully this works for me. But I think we should be open to anything that is called mind body work, Singh is how even though doctor John sarno has helped many people so have others who are just not maybe as well known, Mind body work did not start in the 1980s.
    So I'm grateful for all the available help that we have and choices we can make I can tell you this if something doesn't help me fairly quickly I wouldn't stay with it but you see that would be my decision others may not do that. But, we can all be glad that we have choices isn't it wonderful?

Peace

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

All good points Listen to Dan Buglio and Lisa Heal yourself on you tube