1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for success stories on joint stiffness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Shajarcito, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Shajarcito

Shajarcito Peer Supporter

Hi,
    Among many other symptoms and pains I have for more than a year,
    the one that disturbs me the most is joint & muscle stiffness.
    The feeling of pressure in my upper body, and the difficulty of raising my arms..
    Especially in the morning but sometimes during the day too, and the evening.
    It happens especially after rest as reumatologists call it "inflammatory pain".
    I already know I have Tms (in aggressive form, such that of Fibromyalgia) and I did a nice journey of understanding my condition and repressed emotions - starting with Sarno's book to the SEP here.
    Now I'm in a better position than I used to be one year ago.
    Less fearfull, more functioning. But still, this stiffness - in the morning for about hour or more
    makes my mornings sucks and difficult to become indeferent
    and sometimes I find myself so despair from that, as it is a post-sleep symptom that would stick around with me for long time..

I would welcome any reference to success story on morning/joint/muscle stiffness..
    Those stories I found here on Fibromiyalgia are mostly pain and fatigue related, but not stiffness related.
    Thanks

2. Amber

Amber New Member

I have had rsd and tms fir over 30 years and all of the physical therapy and drs hasn't helped (and often harmed ) me as much as my facial release. The program that helps me most is MELT method program with soft roller. When I first started, I could barely touch my arms, leggs, torso to the roller, but after a year I was doing a whole program, and able to walk again. The tms programs on this sight and Sarno and meditation have hilped just as much . Hang in there and keep trying different things gently.

TG957 and Shajarcito like this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I had muscle stiffness (dystonia) among many other things and fully recovered using meditation, emotional release, qi gong and yoga. Pain was much easier to get rid of than dystonia, but even dystonia is gone now.

Shajarcito likes this.
  4. Shajarcito

Thanks TG, Already read your wonderful book.. helped a lot!

TG957 likes this.
  5. Shajarcito

Thanks for your suggestions!
    I do try different things, and most importantly -
    focusing on life and its challenges and fun (and not on the symptoms)..

TG957 likes this.