1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Hanscom's Blog Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Back In Control Blog, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Back In Control Blog

Back In Control Blog Well known member

I keep coming back to this idea that there are two sides of the same coin. This MASK duality for me manifests as the feelings of safety and fear. Wearing a mask at times can feel securing in a strange way, giving me permission to move through the world with anonymity. I don’t have to share myself with others which also means I can protect my vulnerability when I feel like a mushball.

Existing at the exact same time, beneath the mask, lies my fear. Fear of the unknown future, fear for my best friend in New York who’s on the front lines, fear that this will never end, fear of not being seen, and ultimately at the essence of it all…. the fear of being alone with myself.

There are many variables in the air for a lot of us and stable anchors we once held on to have now been uprooted. Sensitivity can be a gift yet when I’m unable to harness and titrate my surroundings, it can be emotionally flooding. This collage represents me UNMASKED. Holding

with grace and reverence,

the duality

that life is…

Related posts:

1. Caught in a Swirl of Change
    2. Me
    [​IMG]