1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Love life without pain!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by nowtimecoach, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi nowtimecoach, so good to see you! It's always great to hear from old friends.

I'd bet that most people who recover still get the occasional flareup. It's just part of being human. The inspiring thing is that you can take it in stride, return to the basics, and return your focus to living your life.

North Star, Laudisco and nowtimecoach like this.
  2. leslie0766

leslie0766 Peer Supporter

That's wonderful! I have made great strides in healing-my body, mind and soul. I have become more fascinated in, rather than fearful of the pain. I had to learn to stop making freedom from pain my goal. Instead my goal is to learn to appreciate myself and not feel like I have to fix everything. A journey! :)

3. jennaTMS516

jennaTMS516 New Member

it is beautiful, blessed, and free

nowtimecoach likes this.
  4. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Thanks so much for sharing this inspiration with us!! I'm still on the path of healing from TMS, so I need all these success stories and nuggets of encouragement along the way. :)

nowtimecoach likes this.
  5. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx for sharing its been a long time coming for you. You have put inspiration in all of us good luck in your move.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey, Nowtimecoach! Long time no see (for both of us!) Great to hear your update. And great to hear you're not too far down the road from me. :)

I am so happy to hear of your successes. I too have been growing and improving. Life is good!

7. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the message of hope nowtimecoach!

nowtimecoach likes this.
  8. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

NowTime, the nice Irish lady. I remember you from when GPD first came out and we skyped. You had one of the more intense desires to heal, and to learn. I remember a few things we talked about.

TMS is indeed a gift. Peace is coming to those who are currently suffering. They can't see through the agony yet, but their time is coming. Their suffering is forming them, pushing them to be where they want to be. But they're resisting themselves.

nowtimecoach, Laudisco and Grateful17 like this.
  9. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I've been recovered from TMS for over a year but have recently had some flare-ups due to a move from one state to another, the pressures of selling and packing up a house, etc. etc. The details aren't important. The fact that TMS can still be active is the piece that I need to focus on. Not the TMS but the digging and uprooting of old beliefs and personality characteristics that cause my brain to think it has to distract me with back pain.
    I've been in a flareup for a couple of days now and this morning, it hit me like a ton of bricks of what is lurking about and remaining unsaid. I could hear Steve O's voice saying to me quite gently - Molly this is grief and its going to take what it takes to get through it. You can't rush or change it - it is just there and you have to work on accepting these feelings." Thank you Steve once again!!
    I took some time to write out those feelings that I wasn't allowing myself to have - like - really missing my friends, really missing California as a state, disbelief that I've really moved to a desert climate...well you know, it goes on and on. But the TMS recovery piece is the acknowledgment of these feelings and THEN the judgments I have around those feelings. I uncovered a childhood snottiness, a judgment about kids who came over to San Diego where I grew up from Phoenix, escaping the heat... that they didn't know how to bodysurf or some kind of nonsense like that. It was a buried judgment because I am a perennial nice and kind person... Total TMS personality trigger. I was able to bring her to the surface and love her anyway -even if she was a mean little girl. I could feel the TMS release a little bit as I brought in the unconditional love.
    I am finding and loving TMS recovery. It helps me stay honest with myself and in the end more present to my full life. I am feeling much gratitude for all of you who post and participate in this forum. Don't ever stop believing that you will get better!!

riv44 and Ellen like this.
  10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Molly. Your move was bound to bring on some emotional stress and some pain or other symptoms. You are a true believer in TMS and it is helping you with this new flare-up. Change is always hard on us. You left friends behind, and I know what that's like. We moved almost every year when I was a boy and a strong memory was sitting on the tailgate of a moving truck, waving goodbye to my pals. I found new ones where ever we moved, and friends tell me that is why I make new friends so fast. I had to. You will, too, and also will keep the friends you left behind. You may even meet a new best friend.

Good luck and keep us posted and here's a hug from me.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  11. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

ahhhh walt.... I'll take that hug!! I just love, love, love you!

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Molly. You can expect a hug from me each day. I love, love, love you too!

If you are in need of some laughs, Youtube the Carol Burnett bloopers videos. I crack up!

Your photo still reminds me of a favorite former neighbor, Helene. Same smile, too.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  13. riv44

riv44 Well known member

Thank you for posting. Isn't it wonderful to have such insight? Flare-ups are inevitable. But then, so is recovery.

Boston Redsox and nowtimecoach like this.