1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Need advice..fear it wont last

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Satori, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Satori

Satori New Member

Hi Everybody,

I just started..on day 2 and I feel great. But I notice by midday if I am feeling too good I start to worry that it wont last and I will be in pain again. So when it happens, I watch something Sarno related. Does this happen to anybody else? Will this fear ever fade as I have a longer period of health? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Satori:
    The fear fades a bit (mine can come up again at times) over time, as you begin to prove to yourself that this is mind-body. The Conscious brain will begin to shift but the old unconscious brain can take time to understand your new way of thinking.
    Practicing peaceful ways to calm my nervous system helps my fear - taking a somatic tracking or meditation break or a new skill I learned from Dr. Schubiners Unlearn Your Pain Book. I have found it surprisingly effective. Gently pinching the skin between your thumb and index finger remind yourself that you fully accept yourself as is. Note that you are having symptoms, but tell yourself that the symptoms and fear or any other emotions surrounding the symptoms will not keep you from overcoming TMS. Eg.” I fully and completely accept myself as I am. I feel these sensations and some fear, but this will not stop me from success dealing with my TMS. I am doing well, and I will continue to do well in my recovery. I will completely and fully recover.” This has been great when I sense fear or physically focused thoughts as well as negative self-talk or doubt. Its fast and nobody can see you doing this. Takes one to two minutes.

3. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

This is remarkably helpful, thank you!