1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Never fully believed it before, I have changed my mind. Intersistial Cystits IS caused by TMS in me

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by missy1979, Dec 17, 2015.

1. missy1979

missy1979 Newcomer

I have a very long story like I am sure many of you do, for 10 years almost suffered with a very painful bladder disease called IC. I am now almost 36 years old (tomorrow). When I first got sick, I was VERY sick, I mean tons of pain in bladder, joint pain, food allergies, and many symptoms. I was on disability and could not work, I was a mess. For years I went on tons of different supplements, doctors, treatments, NAET, acupuncture, I even tried urine therapy, I was desperate. I even came across TMS a few years ago, and Abigail Stiedly blog (she claims she got cured from IC and other things with mind body tools). I got into it for a few months, even got diagnosed by a TMS doctor, but I just could not wrap my brain around the fact that all this could be mind body. I eventually found NAET allergy elimination and Ozone therapy to give me a lot of relief. It’s interesting because ozone puts oxygen into your bladder. Now I understand TMS causes oxygen deprivation. It really helped and I am grateful, but symptoms where returning, though not as strong as before, but the last few months had a few days they were very strong again. I started looking into TMS again and got out Sarno and Steves book and I it was making more and more sense. Now I truly do believe it and I can now determine 100% my symptoms will pop up due to emotions or repression or during times of perceived stress, which is often throughout day. I also now have tons of food reactions with my bladder which I now believe to be an association I got myself into.. created my own food bladder allergies. There is a LOT more to this story but I had to come on here because I have had a few major ah ha moments as I connect my pain to my mental and emotional state, I am AMAZED, and I really do think this is it. Now, my symptoms are moving everywhere! For days I have had neck pain, shoulder pain, leg pain, and arm pain. Never had these symptoms before. This is crazy! I want to heal and I am determined but I have had a lot of trauma in childhood I am concerned this is negative energy that just won’t leave my body. I have started journaling. I have the book Unlearn your pain and Sarnos books, I do think I will need more then just believing this to release it all, I have a lot of pent up anger from my past, trauma ect. Anyway I think it’s amazing I am getting all these new symptoms! I am simply amazed our bodies do this to us! I DO believe I have a bad infection that would not clear in my bladder causing IC for many years because an oxygen starved environment is a breading ground for bad bacteria and my body WAS out of balance do to TMS. I see a direct correlation now though with my pain and my stress, I also suffer from anxiety and depression on and off. I have made myself believe for so many years it was my diet! Anyway I am here to stay now.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Missy I'm glad you are back to give this a try again. It takes a lot if courage and you are taking the right steps. Many people will deny they have tms, because the truth is waiting to be known. Stevo even threw dr sarno's book across the room when he first read it and I too rejected the diagnosis. The ego doesn't like to confront truth be cause it wants to stay in its comfort zone doing the same thing.

The fact you already got the diagnosis is awesome and should help spring your confidence forward. Don't think you cannot heal from your past, many people do so why not you. We can't change the past but we can forgive or let it go, the choice is yours.

Don't get to caught up I digging for what your repressing. Look at how you react to life and see the symptoms as repressed rage. Keep gathering your knowledge and figure out what techniques work for you. I can tell you depression and anxiety are tms equivalents, due to repressed emotions.

Wishing you best of luck and enjoy your journey. Tms is a blessing in disguise. Once you gather enough knowledge stop getting more and act on what you learn, many people get stuck here. We are what we believe.

Ryan

Tennis Tom, IrishSceptic and Ellen like this.
  3. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

" I have started journaling. I have the book Unlearn your pain and Sarnos books, I do think I will need more then just believing this to release it all."

Hi Missy,

I know exactly what you mean. When I read Healing Back Pain I was in so much pain that I could wait to get better. Just believing that my pain would go away seemed too abstract.

Because of my studies in psychology and working with the subconscious mind and conditioning I knew how I could speed up my recovery. So I put together a Rapud Recovery plan that helped get well step by step.

You can read about it in Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain as well as join a free workshop I am conducting in January that will help you design and implement your own plan (See the links below).

Take care,

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Fred. You are a tonic to anyone with TMS symptoms.

Ryan, you're right in telling Missy that TMS is a blessing in disguise. I have learned so much about myself and others through TMS reading and taking the Structured Educational Program. Journaling led me to healing from back pain by discovering repressed emotions that went back to my boyhood when my parents divorced when I was seven. I was able to forgive them and that made my severe back pain go away.

I don't think we need to spend a lot of time thinking about what repressed emotions we may have. It's better to think about forgiving those who gave us cause to be angry or hurt. Forgiving is the best medication there is. Especially when we forgive ourselves.

Tennis Tom and inymyfruitcup like this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Missy,
    I am glad that you are seeing the correlation between your emotional state, pressures, etc and your symptoms, and with so much certainty. The whole "diet thing" to address symptoms is, in my opinion just a distraction from the real cause. I wish you the best of luck in moving forward with Dr. Sarno's approach. I almost had surgery, and am so glad I did not!!
    Andy B.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Missy, glad to see you have made the connection. I'm also glad you said you are here to stay, it's not so much as being here as it is taking the mind body philosophy to heart, learning it deep into your body and letting this paradigm sink into your heart, it's a way of life just as we once felt our pain was caused by other factors other than our emotions, fear and reactions now we can learn to accept its mainly those three words that are causing your pain - emotions, fear, reactions.

7. jazzrascal

jazzrascal Peer Supporter

Hi Missy, I don't now if this will be helpful to you in any way, but IC isn't an infection and there's no bacteria involved. I think you're confusing it with regular cystitis, which is an infection and is usually treated with antibiotics (which don't work for IC). IC is a chronic bladder inflammation, which is different. Steve Ozanich has said that lots of people are healed of IC from doing the TMS work...I have it, too...have had it for over 20 years, and it's already a lot better after reading Steve's and Dr. Sarno's books and doing the work for a few months. All the best to you!

Tennis Tom and Grateful17 like this.
  8. missy1979

missy1979 Newcomer

I am so glad you are getting better! Yes, I was diagnosed with IC 9 years ago through a urologist and went through the many treatments for it, but ALSO had many bacterial infections show throughout the process hence why I have a theory MY IC also had a bacterial component. I think my brain used the infections and pain from them to develop TMS. Hence why with my IC I felt like I had an infection ALL the time, even when I did not. I have gotten a lot better with ozone instills (oxygen) and NAET but notice lingering symptoms are due to my emotions or stress. I could write a book explaining all this but yes I do understand what IC is. I am here because I now see this is the root cause.

jazzrascal likes this.