1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Overly sensitive

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by yb44, Oct 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I’ve always been a sensitive soul but i wouldn’t have classed myself as highly sensitive (HSP). However, recently that sensitivity has increased. I used to love a good thriller on television. Now I can’t bare anything violent or unpleasant. I’ve become very emotional, soppy even. I well up at the slightest provocation, even when it isn’t something that would cause one to cry.

There’s much mayhem around me yet I feel so alone and do spend an inordinate amount of time solo, thanks to the pandemic frenzy. I guess that’s what has spurred this all on. Life stuff. Abandonment issues. I’m also experiencing major sleep disruptions but that seems to be a chicken and egg scenario.

Anyone else struggling like this?

Deborahrye likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I have found a marked increase in my sensitivity and ability to "feel my feelings" of late. I attribute this to living a quieter life since the pandemic, as well as my TMS work and practicing mindfulness. Whereas before learning about TMS, I was completely out of touch with my feelings and experienced chronic pain and myriad other symptoms instead. Now I notice and feel everything, and I can't say I like it, but I believe it is a healthier state of being. I find practicing mindfulness to be the most helpful in coping with this. Most of the time I'm able to watch the emotions take shape and feel the sensations they create in my body as a non-judgmental observer. It doesn't mean I like the feelings, but I'm able to observe them with curiosity and more acceptance.

yb44 likes this.
  3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

No, the feelings are not pleasant, but I would rather have them than pain and other symptoms. I'm not doing so well on my mindfulness practice and that needs to be addressed.

4. volantemie

volantemie Newcomer

modalert helped me with anxiety, but it can help with quite a wide range of issues. You can at least google it.