1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain only from specific movements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by desined, Feb 27, 2021.

1. desined

desined New Member

Hello! I have successfully leaped out of the cycle of depression and have started my journey to a pain-free life thanks to Dr. Sarno and this forum. Thank you! Currently reading his book and have a question about a specific type of sharp pain. (I have many different types of pain going on, this is just one of them)
    Can TMS or any other mindbody syndrome replicate sharp instant pain only when doing specific movements? For example only when bending over, or pulling my head to the knee? The pain kicks in in an instant when I do specific movements, and fades out leaving some shallow lingering pain behind. ( The pain feels like a muscle sprain)

To form the question more narrowly, can TMS or any other mindbody syndrome replicate any type of pain?

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

What you describe are conditioned responses to "triggers" that your brain has latched on to (i.e. specific movements). The mere fact that you have many types of pain going on a t different times triggered by different things, is the textbook definition of dynamic pain/learned pain (TMS). TMS can show up in any part of the body in any way under the sun. When you see it linked to triggers and emotions, when it comes and goes, moves around, waxes and wanes etc etc...it's all TMS. Anxiety somatized. No rhyme or reason because that's the nature of anxiety. The goal is to address the emotions driving that anxiety into and through the body. bring them out to conscious awareness and actually "feel" them.

desined likes this.
  3. desined

desined New Member

Thank you! It all makes sense now

miffybunny likes this.