1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pelvic & back pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mala, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Mala

Mala Well known member

Hello all. Looking for some help & will try to make this brief.

30th May I had a massage & that very same night felt some sharp very painful electrical zaps in my groin/ lower back area. I took some painkillers & then the zaps happened suddenly again a few days later. I noticed my right lower back getting stiff & painful but kept up with my walks, yoga etc. Around end August one day, my pelvic bone started to hurt quite bad. Went to ER & X-rays showed nothing but dr suggested pubic symphysis due to ligament trauma & gave me anti inflammatories which I took for around 4 days but stopped coz they were upsetting my tummy. Pain got worse. It always get exacerbated 15 minutes AFTER I pee which is ridiculous & is debilitating & can go on for hours. I can’t sit too long either. Pressure keeps building up in my lower back, bowel & pelvic area. I’m so scared to go to the loo. I don’t have any infection but I have had 2 surgeries- one to remove fibroids & then a hysterectomy later. There must be lots of scar tissue so my mind goes there a lot.

I went to my GP & she referred me to a hip & pelvic expert, the same guy who did my husband’s double hip surgery successfully & whom I like. He did quite a thorough examination & thought it’s SI joint problem. He sent me for an MRI & it came back showing:

No SI joint inflammation.

Tendinitis of right gluteus minimus & medius which are findings of greater trochanteric pain syndrome thus some hip pain.

A large sacral Tarlov cyst. It’s a fluid filled sac that may affect nerve roots of the spine.

He still wants to do an SI joint injection more for diagnostic purposes which I find odd since the MRI showed no inflammation there.

And he’s down playing the Tarlov cyst which I have read in most cases is benign but can also cause the symptoms I’m experiencing now in some cases. I’m in a lot of pain day & night & wondering if this could be TMS or should I investigate more?

At the moment I can’t wear anything around my waist like trousers or skirts. It’s just too painful.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Thank you for reading this & any thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

This sounds like TMS to me.
    What has been stressing you? How do you feel about all of this? Have you been looking at recent thought patterns etc)? I hold stress in my sacral/pelvic area , and many other areas. This week I once again got zapps etc and immediately recognized my severe anxiety and increasing tension.
    I wrote a list of all my current stressors both from things happening in my life and how I was internally reacting to them and thought about things; the thought patterns that don’t serve me, and about things that could serve me like meditation, slow breathing etc

Here’s a post from a few years ago from someone with some similar concerns and symptoms: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/laura-haraka-success-story-pelvic-pain-pudendal-neuralgia-interstitial-cystitis.25364/ (Laura Haraka Success Story: Pelvic Pain, Pudendal Neuralgia, Interstitial Cystitis)

Mala likes this.
  3. Mala

Mala Well known member

Thank you for the link @Cactusflower. Much appreciated. I have been journalling & have started the SEP again to get into the right mindset. The older I get the harder it feels.

4. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

You might search out some recent discussion threads on the probable unnoticed rage about our age. Helpful!
    Hope you feel better soon.

Mala likes this.