1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pelvic pain (ache in butt)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Skyman824, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Skyman824

Skyman824 New Member

Hi all!

I’ve posted before but I’m just feeling discouraged lately because I feel like I’ve stop making progress. I was diagnosed with “levator ani syndrome “ or chronic pelvic pain in March 2018. I’ve accepted that there’s nothing physically wrong with me and went through so many different TMS side effects but the ache in my butt has seemed to linger. It’s usually worse when sitting or driving. But there are times when I drink alcohol or sleep and the pain is completely gone. I’ve had a MRI of pelvic area w/ contrast ... blood work, visual examination and everything is 100% normal. I’m mentally drained from it always lingering around and not sure the next steps I can take.. any advice would be much appreciated...

thanks ,

sky

2. jipavl

jipavl New Member

Ache in butt,that gets worse with sitting,could be piriformis syndrome.

3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Isn't piriformis syndrome just another name for tms? Click on the word to read what Dr. Sarno wrote.

Skyman, Have you done the Alan Gordon program? I go back and review it when I lose ground. Outcome independence is easier when you are confident that you are okay, so you are halfway there.

miffybunny likes this.
  4. Aggy45

Aggy45 Newcomer

In fact, it's scary. I'm not here for advice, but for sympathy. Stay strong!

Skyman824 likes this.
  5. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I had this manifestation of TMS as well and it's very common..."priformis syndrome". It's classic TMS. I even had injections which was ridiculous looking back. It's simply tension somatized in the body. I just want to reassure you that this is 100% TMS.

Lizzy and Balsa11 like this.
  6. OhSusyQ

OhSusyQ New Member

Hi Skyman. I also had levator ani syndrome. Mine began in August 2017. I did Nicole Sachs journalspeak after seeing doctors, pelvic floor therapists, and a chiropractor. At one point the pain was so bad, I was suicidal. I understand what you’re going through. I felt I was healed in May 2018. I’ve had a long stretch of time pain free and it was great. So I know it can be done.
    my pain has returned and I’m so upset. I’m currently under a ton of stress and I know my pain is, again, TMS. I just want to offer my support. I know I need to journal. Still, the pain is so bad sometimes, it’s overwhelming and it scares me.
    I just want you to know you are not alone.

Skyman824 and Lizzy like this.
  7. hollywood

hollywood New Member

Skyman:

I am dealing with CPPS, which is psychogenic pain. I used to have chronic daily headaches years ago. All this is psychogenic B. S--T!

We will get better!

Skyman824 likes this.
  8. banjoman

banjoman Peer Supporter

This is 100% TMS. Here’s a video from Steve Ozanich YT that explains it brilliantly. I have recovered 100% from horrendous PPD pain. It’s all TMS. There is no physical reason for this pain. Just repressed emotions and rage.

Lainey likes this.
  9. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

banjoman
    Thanks for posting this video. It was great!
    Seems like you 'got the program' Enjoyed the brief song at the end too.
    Kindly
    Lainey