1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pelvic Pain - Healed

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by ezer, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Yinlin

Yinlin New Member

Thank you so much for sharing this. I love how you describe how to feel the emotions in the body. I am just starting to experience myself from the inside as you describe here. It is very helpful to read how you describe things. Then it is eaaier for me to acnovledge that I am on the right track.

2. Carletto

Carletto New Member

hi my name is carlo and I am an Italian boy live in Rome, for 8 years I suffer from PN, I HAD DIFFERENT DIAGNOSIS, I MADE THE NERVE BLOCKS WITH POOR RESULT, scuse me for my english i use google translate, can you help me to know if in Italy there is some therapist who can help me with the approach of TMS ? my life is an hell and i think always to suicide

3. Yinlin

Yinlin New Member

Dear Carlo!
    I do not know about any one in Italia. I went to this tms terapist in Denmark. Intensive therapy 3 hour pr day for three days. The website is this: www.torbenpalmer.dk
    Expensive, but worth it. He has his training from US so I suppose he can talk english. Here on the tmswiki you can se the list of therapists who can help via scype. Maybe some of the other member here can recomend a good one. Please do not give up. It is possible to get better.
    I have been hele a lot with educating myself on tms by reading books., reading the discussions here on this site, and reading threads undrer "Ask a therapist" here on the tmswiki. I am miracously now getting better after 2 years of pain, including pelvic pain. We must believe that there is hope! Good luck to you!

4. Carletto

Carletto New Member

thank you Yinlin, my problem is the Language unfortunately I do not speak English well so Also read all the threads is difficult

5. Yinlin

Yinlin New Member

On this page I can see that John E Sarnos book "Healing back pain" is translated to Italian language. You can try to search for this book in Italian. That might be a start!
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Healing_Back_Pain (Healing Back Pain)
    "As of July 2014, Healing Back Pain has been translated into Dutch, German, Japanese, Croatian, Hebrew, Spanish, Romanian, Korean, Greek, Bulgarian, Chinese, Indonesian, Italian, and French."
    In this book it is primary about back pain - but it cab be a start. Maybe his other book is translated as well - i do not know.

May you be well!

6. Carletto

Carletto New Member

Yes Yinlin i read thank you but i think that only reading the book is not enough...however thank you!!!

7. CarboNeVo

CarboNeVo Well known member

Ezer, I read your posts on the pudendal site, I always avoided it because on a gut level I knew that the site (not sure if intentionally or not) causes people to freak out, which feeds the anxiety cycle hence worsening the symptoms.. pudendal nerve entrapments diagnose used to scare me more than cancer. And the surgeries are a joke.. but that's another talk..
    Anyway, I joined their site (to share my success with those poor people there) after I found my answers here to and got a HUGE relief, basically I experienced more or less a book cure by finding out about dr. Sarno and the mindbody syndrome, Balto's story I think made the biggest difference for me as well as reading Alan Gordon's posts.. I still suffer from setbacks, mostly due to emotional conflicts and stress, lately finding about my brother being gay resulted in a big flareup.
    Anyway, I realised that all this TMS stuff and the mindbody psychosomatic pain is closely related to FEAR. This one thing i am realizing sums up the whole TMS concept, neutralize your fear and you are cured. I noticed this on myself, I dont think I was suffering as much as you and not that long (18months) however my symptoms were bad enough to have suicidal thoughts.. When I found out about the MBS it took a huge part of my FEAR towards my symptoms which contributed in a great relief.
    Want your opinion about this, I did not do any emotional work like you did, and frankly not much willing as I find FEAR is the mother of emotions and it's the FUEL for TMS pain.. stop the fear and you are cured. Every body says it here and it certailny is not easy but I consider my self lucky as i am quite good at this. If i had no flare ups i would be simply cured.

ezer likes this.
  8. ezer

ezer Well known member

Fantastic Carbonevo. I am really excited for you. I don't think there is right or wrong. Fear was not really an issue for me. Repressed negative emotions was my main problem.

I saw your post on pudendalhope. Thank you very much for that. I am afraid that some charitable soul will quickly point out that you have not been diagnosed by one of the fringe "pudendal experts" therefore you probably did not *really* have PNE. You are not one of them. Case dismissed. You can't win. It is fascinating to witness how attached they are to their PNE identity.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  9. CarboNeVo

Indeed, buddy we are lucky people! turns out it's a blessing to accept other opinion and being able to think outside the bubble, I partly understand those people, the PNE and chronic pelvic pain are scary, super scary.. there is something far more scary about them than back pain or even fibmromylagia, people when read those sites freak out, darkness enters their life, this fking pudendal site is a pure fear... you can imagine what it does to the humans psyche when you read all the crap there. They literally get entrapped in their mind and not in their pelvis.... and apparently it becomes very hard for them to accept anything else... those a-hole surgeons claiming 80% to 100% success rate should be thrown in prison.
    Btw, same goes for those who are still searching for hidden bacteria in their prostates on prostatitis forums -.-

ezer likes this.
  10. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

Just wanted to send a short post saying hello and thanks for your post. I saw your posts over on the Pudendal Hope forums (I've since started calling it the Pudendal Despair forum in my head!) and have recently been wondering if the cause of my pain might be psychosomatic. My symptoms have been so varied and are constantly shifting in place that I'm now seriously doubting whether there's something truly physical at fault.

You've had it much worse than I ever had - I've only had symptoms for four months - and tried so much more to solve it than I yet have. The fact that you came out the other end pain-free is really encouraging to read.

I had almost two nearly pain-free weeks, about a month ago, I think due to a placebo effect after physical therapy, but am determined to do what I can to get the pain back down. The fact that my pain was nearly gone and that yours has resolved is really helping.

I think this might be the first time I've gone on an internet forum where pelvic pain was discussed and actually left feeling better!

ezer likes this.
  11. CarboNeVo

man ... if you had 2 pain free weeks please do your self a favor and go block pne forums in your firewall... this would even contradict with their statements about pne as an entrapped person would not have 2 pain free weeks.
    if your pain shifts from place to another then your answers are here on this site. shifting symptoms indicate that this is psychological.... i had shifting symptoms from pain in the prostate to pain in the butt to pain in the left side after I read pne bullcrap and they kept changing.. during flare ups i still experience that

ezer likes this.
  12. c90danwaiel

I haven't been to the Pudendal Hope forum for a while thankfully. But the last time I was there, I realized how inwardly focused people were in their replies to my posts. The usual post had a brief statement saying, "I hope you get better" followed by a lot of talk about their own symptoms, in a fairly hopeless tone. Made me start to wonder if the mind had a role to play there, at least in some of the cases.

Actually just had another pain shift today. And an old area of back pain is now flaring up. Funny how rapidly the pain can move around and change. And the more successful I am at distracting myself at doing other things, the less the pain is.

13. CarboNeVo

sounds like a classic tms case. If u ruled out any serious issues and your tests are returning negative.. start reading everything here... focus on the success stories, Alan gordons posts and on emotions & fear... fear plays a major role in this disorder apparently.. u will read alot about it here.

14. ezer

ezer Well known member

c90danwaiel and carbonevo, please remember to be patient. It took me 2 years to get out of this mess. Work on TMS without expectations. The pain relief will be a side effect of your work, it cannot be the goal.

regarding pudendalhope, yes it is a toxic forum. You realize how the pain and the PNE diagnostic defines their identity. Also the moderator reminding people post after post that surgery was right for her is utterly suspect. Is she trying to convince herself?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    CarboNeVo likes this.
  15. CarboNeVo

Ezer thank you for your advise, currently im going through a setback (I am totally fine with it, few days and it will subside..so no crazy obssesing with it for me, I learned the lesson :) ) but those words from a big TMS warrior like you are so soothing and calming , thank you brother!
    I'm partly attributing my flareup to travelling in few days to Sweden where i'll meet my father with whom I don't have a good relationship. When I'll return back i'm gonna do all the TMS work the way you did.
    Frankly I was a bit avoiding it when the first time I saw your post due to the fact that doing this work reminds me that i have still health issues , and in my case forgetting about CPPS + neutralizing the fear of it was the thing that got me from miserable to more or less cured in matter of few weeks. Now when I read your posts and compared them to what the other TMS experts where saying it all matches, i have the feeling that this is the missing link I must do in order to beat this for good so that I dont flare up during stressful events or emotional conflicts (ofcourse patiently, I learned with tms that rushing anything does not work).
    Couple of days back I read almost 90% of all the posts you posted on the pudendal site, just out of curiosity to see how miserable you were to emerge later on the site like cured new person, just wow! you're such an inspiration. In those dark days nothing would really help me more than reading a success story like yours. I am sure your posts helped many people and will continue helping many others in future. Hoping those idiot moderators will not delete them, reading the BS like Violet's brings to my mind only two things, either the mods are sponsored or they are fool idiots.

Btw, I read your post on the chronicprostatitis site which runs webslave, your story was perfectly written in detail there, I saw Monte's videos and read abigail's book as well. Although didn't have much time practicing the work you did I think I understand what you mean by feeling those emotions and that they have a physical component to them. When you feel the emotion it's a super weird odd feeling right? you don't even think or realise what it is, but you feel it in the body as energy (usually i get a shiver or cold goosebump sensation) doesn't last long, not very comfortable, during it I feel like crying sometimes or insane rage, hard to describe.. but I think that's how the emotion manifests in the body? please correct me if I got it incorrectly, I feel after that sensation like I lost some energy from my body.. it's really hard to describe or write down.. Just want to confirm if it's something close or similar to what you described.
    When I take tramadol I cannot feel this.. cause I get numb and a bit high on it :/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    TrustIt and ezer like this.
  16. c90danwaiel

Thanks ezer,
    I'm definitely telling myself to stay patient and I realize this could be a long journey. Until now, I didn't really have much hope, but stories like yours tell me that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I realize it could be months are even a few years until I'm back to normal, but that's alright. As long as there's hope, I'll keep working. And I realize a key part of that work is to not expect it to get better. One of the things I read here and that I keep telling myself is the key is to find peace and be happy with life with the pain, not to try to get rid of the pain so I can find peace and be happy.

I've actually had a few battles with psychosomatic illnesses before, in my early teenage years, and was thankfully able to recover from those fairly quickly. So it gives me a little hope it might be sooner rather than later. I'm less than two weeks in from finding out about TMS/Mind-body syndrome. But in any case, I'm back to living my life as normal, no matter what level my pain is. I'm no longer defining my life by my pain, and the panic and dread I have is gone. And with that, I feel like I've already won the hardest part of the battle.

And if worst comes to worse, I've found out I have the strange ability to shift the pain in my body by changing focus, so I can just shift my pelvic pain to my feet and give my poor pelvic area a break! Sounds crazy, but I have that outlet.

TrustIt and ezer like this.
  17. ezer

ezer Well known member

CarboNevo. yes exactly. A strange body sensation. It is not pleasant while you experience it. Energy as you put it is a good way to describe it.

c90danwaiel, I am truly amazed how you accepted the somatoform diagnosis so quickly. You had many charitable souls on pudendalhope guiding you to seek physical treatments. Sooner or later you would have been recommended to consult with a PNE surgery quack. You would have been diagnosed with PNE of course (diagnosis of exclusion as we all know) and offered surgery. In the small prints however it would have said that the surgery is purely "exploratory" with no guarantee.

Every person responding to you has a somatoform disorder IMO if you read their early posts (including the moderator that responded to you). Yet they still blame sexual activity, exercising, or a long bike ride for their years of PN pain.

18. c90danwaiel

Hi ezer,

Thankfully, I thought my condition was quite a few different things before I came across PNE. At first, I thought it was just a UTI. Then I thought it might be cancer. Then herpes (thanks to a false positive test). Then some sort of malformation of my urethra. Then bacterial prostatitis, then non-bacterial prostatitis. Pain began to change quite a bit by that point. Next, I thought it was due to a tilted pelvis, then some sort of nerve entrapment, maybe PNE or an entrapped genitofemoral nerve. I didn't spend too much on PNE forums thankfully, otherwise I might have fully convinced myself.

By the end, I'd thought it was so many different things and my symptoms and the things that seemed to relieve them were so varied, based on what I thought it was at the time, that I realized a mind-body explanation was the only thing that could make sense. A few days into reading about TMS/Mind-body Syndrome, my pain shifted to my feet for a few hours. That was all the convincing I needed. The chances of referred pain to my feet was zero. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be 100% convinced as I am now.

19. ezer

ezer Well known member

You clearly display remarkable self-awareness. The sad part with pudendalhope is that the main moderator equates mindbody syndromes with feeble mindedness that should be ridiculed. I hope that some of the people reading your posts that are articulate and logical will at least consider the possibility of a mindbody syndrome.

20. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

donavanf likes this.