1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Plantar Fasciitis Success Story

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by onetruedog, Jun 9, 2019.

1. onetruedog

onetruedog Newcomer

In 2012, after a months long program of hard exercise (lots of intense jump/plyometric training) my left foot started to really hurt and be constantly tight on the underside. Podiatrist diagnosed Plantar Fasciitis, and prescribed anti-inflammatory meds + foot taping to relieve the pain walking.

There was clearly a physical cause for the pain, and I had obviously over done things. But after ~3 months of taping my feet every day, and dosing on naproxen (stiff stuff), my foot was now intermittently better. It would soften up and feel fine one day, or in the evening, but then totally flare up the next day. I now know that 3 months is more than enough time for such an overuse injury to physically heal, but even at that time in 2012 I suspected that it was bogus and kept thinking “this is bullshit!”

Thankfully I was a Howard Stern fan, and recalled how he periodically talked up Dr Sarno and the great help he provided. So I got one of the books, and within a couple weeks of “thinking my way out of it”, my feet were just fine.

grapefruit likes this.
  2. heartofgold

heartofgold New Member

Incredible onetruedog, I'm so happy you're back on your feet again. My father has Plantar Fasciitis, I've talked to him many times about TMS with no luck. He's very much a biology-first thinker. He even saw my miraculous recovery from years of back pain...!

Would you be open to sharing your journey? I'd love to interview you through my podcast, it's called outpatient radio. The goal is to give hope to others through inspiring healing stories. He would benefit so much from relating to yours. Message me if interested (open offer to anyone else reading this as well).