1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

All the Rage Film Ram Dass meditation update! :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Caroline Rumur, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Caroline Rumur

Caroline Rumur Well known member

In our 10 years of intense exploration into the mind body connection, we've learned that more information rarely brings one closer to real understanding. Instead, when we look at the stories that shape our own lives, we gain much more insight than we can from searching furiously for the one person or one idea that can heal us.

Today, we posted a piece around Arlene Feinblatt's suggestion to "Be good to yourself". It is our sincere hope that our film helps you figure out how to do this for yourselves.

We had a really great call with the TMS Wiki discussion group last night, and got some great feedback and ideas that will be uesful in the film moving forward. In terms of the film, one of the things we talked about was our desire to keep the information that we deliver as simple as possible.

Simple solutions are often the best, and meditation is a very simple practice that can do wonders.

Below is a clip of the legendary Ram Dass leading a meditation.

Thank you for sharing.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree totally about keeping our experiences in TMS healing as simple as possible.
    Some people posting sound like they are missing the point, that Dr. Sarno says we need
    to think psychologically and not structurally. Some people are going so deep into
    psychological mine pits, it would stress me. I know that some people think they need to
    understand all the mental processes involved in MindBody healing, but for most of us,
    me for sure, and for the sake of people understanding the All the Rage documentary,
    keeping TMS healing as short and simple as possible will be essential.
    Some people have posted that my replies make it sound too easy. For me, it was easy.
    Mainly, accepting 100 percent that my back pain was from TMS and was not structural.

mike2014 and Caroline Rumur like this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Walt,

I totally agree, unfortunately us TMS'ers never really touch the surface and accept the teachings immediately, we try to dig so deep and analyse everything logically and methodically. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it can put you into a vicious loop and sometimes cause overwhelming levels of stress. Sometimes, less information is more and can be less detrimental to healing and sometimes even cause healing to speed up.

I think any form of doubt is negative, e.g is it structural v physical, or even when we look at techniques used within the MB arena, e.g mindfulness v's quantum healing. If we have any doubt in any methods it can effect the stress hormone and lead to symptoms manifesting. The important thing is to choose a handful of feasible approaches which are S.M.A.R.T and not put any pressure on yourself. But to do each task, wholeheartedly and with love and care.

All the best,

Mike

Gigalos likes this.
  4. Caroline Rumur

Caroline Rumur Well known member

Mike- I agree! It's like you try to analyze it logically-but that seems to put me in a deeper hole. It's like you have to tell your brain to stop... and just try to come at it in a non-logical way. It can be very difficult to get out of those loops once you are in one