1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Recovery from Digestive issues (LPR, Dyspepsia)

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by zeeman01, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Kozas

Kozas Well known member

Our situations are different but I think I get you. I also don't like medical procedures(but on the other side - who does like it?), but now I know that structuraly everything is fine with me.
    When it comes to anxiety maybe try CBD oil? I would say it's a better choice than LDN.

2. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

CBD did nothing for me, so, yes we are all different. i want to see the LDN through to some end, to be decided. i understand it must be titrated in a precise way and the amount is very important. anyway, not defending my position on that. this is a TMS forum. :) i keep finding solutions for the different things and before i give it much of a chance, i start doubting that it is the right thing to do and move on to the next thing. i drive myself absolutely mad sometimes. wish i had an off switch. or a magic bullet would also do.

3. TrustIt

Just want to add here... since making the comment in my post above about thyroid issues not being TMS, I read someone's story who overcame Hasimotos like what I was "told" I have. She also had so many of the same symptoms i have that i could have literally written her story. It renewed my resolve to see all this as temporary. I just need the conviction that so many here talk about to let go completely of any labels and perceptions of disease. So hard when in pain and feeling so alone with it. This forum is a god send!

plum likes this.
  4. BagelSchnitzel

BagelSchnitzel Peer Supporter

Love this thread.

I've been struggling with gastro issues for a while now. Tried changing diet, blood test, stool samples, nothing has got to the bottom of it.

I had multiple TMS symptoms which i've overcome in the past:

- Back pain
    - Mole pain (I convinced myself it was cancerous, and I started getting pain, got it checked, it wasn't, pain instantly went)
    - Chronic Eye Strain (Probably the most tricky one to get rid of. I was convinced it wasn't TMS related, but in the end working through the recovery program I got some relief, teamed with the Bates method)
    - Chest pain (Most recent, I was convinced I had COVID-19 although I didn't in the end. The Chest pain seemed to be more related to GERD)

Now I have IBS like symptoms, the stomach pain and bloating are the most annoying.

After reading this thread, I am now going to work on myself again like before. I am going through a very busy period at work with lots of external stress adding to the internal stress and depression that I guess we are all feeling from the shared trauma of what is going on around us in 2020!

Thank you :)

TrustIt likes this.
  5. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Sometimes when positivity and faith heals the more compared to synthetic medicine.

6. westb

westb Well known member

This is a wonderful success story. Thank you.

7. TrustIt

Hi Kira...Have you had any improvement in your LPR ...er TMS ...symptoms since this post? I am dealing with same and could use some hints.

8. TrustIt

Zeeman I would love to know how you make that baby food soup you mentioned? I need to gain weight!

9. BagelSchnitzel

Hi TrustIt,

I'm recovered from this now. I treated it as a TMS symptom and tried to take away any feelings of fear around the different types of food I'm eating. Working hard to send myself messages of safety and simply observing the sensations that arose in my body without fear but with curiosity. I'm now back eating whatever I want with no issues.

plum and TrustIt like this.
  10. TrustIt

So great to hear! I think I'm making progress doing the same as you. It's just slow and I have to work on patience. Thank you so much for your reply. Other's successes are so empowering!

BagelSchnitzel and plum like this.
  11. BagelSchnitzel

Yep, I couldn't have done it without this amazing community. It's nice to eat whatever I want without consequence. Good luck on your journey!

TrustIt likes this.
  12. TrustIt

I am just now seeing that my trigger for stomach pain is food...any food. I had such a fear of food a while back and got beyond most of it. Now I realize every time I think about eating my thought process goes to ,,,"will I eat something that will hurt me?" If I get pain after I eat then I beat myself up saying I had a feeling about that and that I shouldn't eat that again. Intuitively, I know it's not the food itself because I eat clean 95% of the time. Intuitively, I know it's not the food itself because I eat clean 95 percent of the time. So now when those thoughts automatically pop-up when I think about food, THAT is what I need to dismiss! That is the re-enforcing trigger. Otherwise into the rabbit hole I go again. I think I'm onto something here. Thanks for all the input here from all of you!

mjt66 and BagelSchnitzel like this.
  13. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

Alan Gordon just told me he doesn’t know if LPR is tms

14. zeeman01

zeeman01 Peer Supporter

He may not have worked with many LPR patients but Dr Shubner and Dr Sarno has repeatedly stated that Digestive issues are TMS and I see LPR as just another digestive issue.

TrustIt likes this.
  15. TrustIt

thank you zeeman, i need to hear this as i am treating it like tms. intuitively, i feel it is all digestive.

16. BagelSchnitzel

Well it definitely was TMS for all my digestive issues for sure.

mjt66, Kellso and TrustIt like this.
  17. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

18. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

That's a good question, Karim.
    We are not sure about this. There are many features of this that certainly seem like TMS to me.
    Do you have or have you had any other symptoms of TMS?
    Do you find that these symptoms come and go; or are quite variable; or are they triggered by certain stimuli?
    Best, Howard

Howard Schubiner, MD
    Director, Mind Body Medicine Program, Department of Internal Medicine, Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield, Michigan, USA
    Clinical Professor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine

It is important to recognize that the information contained in this email cannot be considered to be specific medical diagnoses, medical treatment, or medical advice. General information about MBS/TMS is contained in response to questions, but you will need to decide if this information is relevant to your situation and, as always, you should consult with your physicians and counselors regarding your situation, any symptoms and any decisions about your medical conditions, your medications or activities.
    One day he says is tms the day he says am not so sure. It’s it or isn’t he has to decide

19. TrustIt

I guess if we have ruled out any structural conditions to our satisfaction then we can treat it like TMS. I mean what else is there to do at that point anyway?

20. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

But LPR is structural a sphincter problem