1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Recovery from Digestive issues (LPR, Dyspepsia)

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by zeeman01, Jan 2, 2019.

1. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

weakened sphincter. actually, it hasn't been well studied. some docs don't even think it is real. people recover from this....and i have known some...so it isn't a permanent condition. i believe it can be handled by some diet changes ( even with some strictly tms issues if one has a poor diet for instance, changes there will certainly help) and reducing stress. i am treating it as tms. it isn't completely gone but is considerably better.

Kellso and BagelSchnitzel like this.
  2. zeeman01

zeeman01 Peer Supporter

I remember when I had so much back pain I couldn't even work and a doctor told me my pain was a structural problem. My l4 and l5 were touching. I even had an MRI picture to prove it. Thankfully after years of dealing with back pain a friend at work told me about Dr Sarno's work and I have not looked back since.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Kellso and TrustIt like this.
  3. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

What about gum, palate pain from lpr ?

4. Mazinio

Mazinio New Member

Hi Karim & everyone else. Thank you all for sharing. I am in a TMS LPR nightmare at the minute. Its nearly been a year since I started to develop a dry cough. Now I have irritation in my airways with every out breath, like a menthol type feeling, constant throat clearing and burping, even after water. I went to see an ENT who put me on meds and a diet. Nothing has worked and I have a camera going to down my throat to check it out next week as they said my throat was very inflamed and red at the first examination.

I had back pain for years and finally got on top of it with TMS. Now I have this and of of course am freaking out about cancer. I believe 90% it's TMS but that 10% is enough to cause horrible symptoms and mental anguish. It's so draining. The funny thing is I have no symptoms at night which I think says a lot. If it was structural and something serious I'm guessing I would be getting symptoms during the night.

Karim how are you doing and maybe we should help each other. Sounds like we have had similar journeys.

Cheers

Maz

5. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

I have ibs I think I don’t think I have ibs now

6. nele

nele Peer Supporter

I have LPR. A mind-body doctor explained to me that the sphincter is influenced psychologically: TMS causes relax it and not close properly.

JanAtheCPA and BagelSchnitzel like this.