1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Short of breathe, corona or tms? Anxiety over the roof about it, I need help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by samuelp180, Jul 8, 2020.

1. samuelp180

samuelp180 Peer Supporter

I don’t know if I’m just out of shape, if I have the corona virus, or if it’s my tms. I have tms in the forum of chronic fatigue syndrome. I’ve been eating horrible the past month and staying home as well so maybe that has something to do with it. Does anyone else have shortness of breath that your always focusing on as a symptom? Thanks, just looking for some insight

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,

I have had some shortness of breath since a viral infection in 2018. Checked it out and no real findings medically.

Some things which help me:

-Treat it as TMS. Worrying does not help. Exercising and strengthening my lungs, which is also a way to "refute" the symptoms, can only be good for me. I have a friend in his 80s who was diagnosed with "terminal fibrosis" several years ago. He does aerobic exercise every day for an hour. He's still fine, and the physician can't explain it. Is this a TMS treatment? Probably not a purist approach, but being active and seeing ourselves as healthy can only help.

-Keep thinking psychologically about it when I notice a little shortness of breath.

-Remember that I had "asthma" as child, which the Dr. diagnosed as "would go away when I got older." So I know I have a history about this. Also, lack of breath can be scary. How does this perpetuate symptoms?

-Since there is no treatment for me, then the only apparent path is exercise and not worrying, and enjoying the (mostly) good lung function I do have. I can hike, ski, do heavy work. Who cares if there seems to be a slight change?

Andy