1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Skype consultation from TMS doctor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by thecomputer, Jan 8, 2017.

1. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

Hi

I have had some relative success with my confusing voice and throat problem since reading a lot about tms and sarnos books. But I haven't found anyone with the same problem, and pain keeps coming back with a vengeance and causing me to constantly doubt that it is really TMS.

I feel to speak with a real doctor and just have that confirmation from then could help ne along the way. I don't feel I want to get into working with a TMS therapist yet, as I have much work to do with kmthe sed program and my own therapist.

How many actual doctors are there who have embraced TMS and would even consider a Skype consultation, knowing I have had anything serious ruled out already?

Obviously if doctor Sarno was still working that would be my first choice! But can anyone make recommendations for some of the most experienced tms doctors out there? I'm quite hard to convince of anything and may need that seal of approval!

Thanks
    A

2. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hello A,

When I was looking for a TMS doctor, most wanted the first consultation to be in person. After a few months of being alone with my journal and Dr Sarno's books, I left like I needed to talk to someone. I flew to LA and met with Dr. Schechter. It was a good experimence for me. I feel like I am a part of his practice. If I need support in the future, I can do a Skype call. I understand getting on an airplane isn't doable for everyone. Having said that, I did find it valuable.

-AC45

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree that it is worth flying to see someone if you can. I heard that most physicians are limited to practice to the state they are licensed in, meaning you have to come to them initially... Not certain on this!

4. thecomputer

Hi everyone

Thanks for the help. I live in England and it's not very well known in england at all, so we dont seem to have the variety of doctors you have in the US who know about TMS. I cant really fly to america for this, but maybe one day if this continues I might make a trip!

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi robodelfy,
    I sent you a private message on this. Check your inbox next to your name at upper right corner of this page.
    Andy B

6. thecomputer

Thanks Andy