1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Success stories about depression.

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Tiggerdyret, Feb 5, 2015.

?

Did you suffer from depression due to TMS?

1. Yes

82.2%
  2. No

2.2%
  3. Not really, but I was often very sad and unhappy.

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. flschmid1

flschmid1 Newcomer

Some good ideas above.
    Unfortunately depression and I are well acquainted. I'm on about my 3rd recurrence of it. It's a bitch but each time I'm trying to jump on it ASAP and not let it get it's stranglehold on me before I start dealing with it. My first move is to get an appointment with my mental health counselor. Then I do an inventory on what I think is the trigger. For myself, "getting off the dime" and ACTING is very important. I am not a believer in the low serotonin theory being the cause of depression. I've done my homework on that one and the science just doesn't support it. It's mostly a myth cooked up by Big Pharma and lazy psychiatrists.
    The one book that has helped me the most in dealing with this dark beast is Lost Connections by Johann Hari. It is very "TMSy" in its' explanation of the 9 major causes of depression. Ya gotta know who or what the enemy is before you can fight the cocksucker. Hope this helps some of you.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. GregoryKeitt

GregoryKeitt Newcomer

There has been a lot of attention on the Amazonian plant medicine Ayahuasca over the last few years, especially for its therapeutic potential. But, frankly, there has also been a lot of hype. Statements such as “its 10 years of therapy in 1 night” get bandied about regularly. What I saw was that ayahuasca can indeed cure depression in some people, but it is not a panacea for everything or everyone. I worked with several https://dmt.vision/articles/103/ («Moyano» Centre: 3 Good Reasons to Try Ayahuasca With Us) guests who reported complete remission of their depression, not to mention major changes in their outlook on life and the healing of life-long traumas and emotional wounds. I also met several people who had attended their first ayahuasca retreat many years ago and reported that it literally saved their life. But perhaps most importantly, I’ve seen ayahuasca help heal the root issues at the core of people’s depressions. Things like childhood trauma, old negative beliefs and patterns of thinking, and pervasive feelings of alienation and meaninglessness. And these are things that can take a long time to heal in traditional psychotherapy. It's about changing the fundamental way people relate to themselves and their world.

3. GoneSplit

GoneSplit New Member

I am just getting started on healing with TMS. You can read my post in the support forum. I have started reading one of Dr. Sarnos books, but haven't gotten very far yet. I am a complete believer because of things I have experienced, but I don't expect miracles.

The main point of TMS is this, relating to what you write: There is a physical sensation that is your depression, which is how you are aware of it in the first place. You feel it somewhere in your body. Try to describe it in detail to yourself. It may be in many places or maybe all over, but try to describe it. That physical sensation is (as described by Dr. Sarno) mild oxygen deprivation caused by the brain. It is there to distract you from thoughts and emotions that you have. For some that sensation may be so overwhelming that they need to relieve the symptoms to have the energy to address the cause, which may be emotions, thoughts or a situation they are in currently.

Whether you have joint pain or "depression" pain, it's mild oxygen deprivation all the same, all serving the same purpose.