1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

symptom equivalents

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

Hi I haven't posted in here for a while because I have been pain-free for a while...however my preoccupation has moved to other departments of my life. For a while, I was obsessive about working out and controlling my food intake to the point where it was close to an eating disorder. I have a healthy relationship with food and exercise now but I have so much anxiety about my body image and appearance. I am constantly going back and forth between not feeling good enough. I do TONS of self-love work and affirmations every day but I find when I'm around a pretty girl or after I eat food sometimes I just feel so self-conscious and worry. This has been going on for a long time and I try to do a lot of self-work to counteract it but I just feel so bad about my appearance and I am not sure how to not be so preoccupied with it.