1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

This is it Guys, The Sarno Video -- Wow

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You can ask Lee Higginbotham if you wish Gigalos, I know I saw it on YouTube and here it is, maybe its a gift or maybe we will just have it up for a little while.
    We will have to wait and see, its been on you tube for 6 months now. If its at all illegal I will remove it but as of now it looks good.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Q0gzsBFzI

G.R. likes this.
  2. leonardo999

leonardo999 Well known member

Interesting video.... thanks for the post
    Best regards..Leo

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Can anyone tell me what Sarno is saying at 1:00:17 - 1:00:25?? I am writing Dutch subtitles, so I can show it to some people I know, but I cannot make sense of what is said here.
    "When the disorder is not recognized, medically, for what it really is.... and when it happens to be .......... involved???" Is this right?

4. leonardo999

IN VOGUE (in fashion)

5. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie, THANK YOU so much for posting this! It is a cool provision of something I've been wanting for some time. :)
    I'm also thrilled that I can send this link to a loved one who would really really benefit from it. Because of her pain/neuro issues, she has difficulty reading books for contents so this is just perfect for her.

6. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

7. Gigalos

LOL, I shortly considered that but somehow rejected it. Thanks Leo!

8. leonardo999

Youre welcome...I had to listen a few times...... :*) Great video......

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Gigalos like this.
  9. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Just hearing and seeing the doctor reminds me that there once was a time where doctoring was a caring/healing profession vs. a medical INDUSTRY tool.

G.R. and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  10. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow! Thanks Eric.

11. Gigalos

For the purpose of my subtitles: Can someone enlighten me about what is said between 1:19:21 - 1:19:31 ??
    Could someone rephrase what Sarno tries to say here? Does he mean that there maybe more serious things that can be created by rage?

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This probably could be for more serious things but thats not our subject today. or something to that.
    Yes hes saying here that tms can be the root of more serious stuff as mentioned in Steves Book
    The Great Pain Deception.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Gigalos likes this.
  13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I know, ain't this so surreal. I still get baffles when I see a Dr. Standing there and saying yes you are hurting cause of your life pressures and it been built up over time. Its not your fault, its repression and we all do it , now im going to show you how not to do it . Wait your going to do all the work, thats the most important process in the cure -- is you:)

G.R. and North Star like this.
  14. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I know MaryBoz -- aint it the coolest, its like all the tms knowledge you need with the homework ya know.
    If id seen this any time before two years ago id had doubt but now that I know hes not kidden i just got more Respect for him.
    Bless You

G.R. and North Star like this.
  15. Dear Lianne

Dear Lianne Peer Supporter

Herbie,

Thank you so much for providing this link! I just watched the entire video and learned a few new things. His description of subconscious rage, though discussed consistently in his books, became more clearly presented in this video.

I am sending this link to a friend who is in the process of going to Dr.'s believing in structural diagnoses. This may be of help to her.

A great New Year's gift! Thank you again:)

16. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Gigalos, Ill watch the Sarno video in half an hour and see what he says in 1:19:21-31 about rage.
    Hope I can clarify it.

17. Gigalos

Thanks Walt, but Eric kinda answered my question.... But it never hurts to watch this video, glad Eric posted this.

18. Gigalos

I only post this for dutch people, so google or yahoo might pick it up when dutch people search for this subject. Hope you don't mind.

Indien je de video 'healing back pain' van dokter Sarno wilt zien, dan kun je de Nederlandse ondertiteling bij mij opvragen. Stuur me een berichtje en ik mail het naar je toe.

19. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm glad Eric answered your question about the Sarno video. But I'll check it out to learn what he was saying then.
    I love the video. I have a copy of The Mindbody Prescription but hearing the good doctor talk about it is even better.

20. Velo drew

Velo drew New Member

I am brand new to the forum. My name is Andrew I live in Charlotte NC. I have been having TMS since college and since 1994 it has been a real damper on my life.
    I have been having pain since Thanksgiving. I have some lingering feelings of resentment with a sibling and my current bout has been a really big challenge.

It has taken my a few weeks to come to the realization since I have a chronic problem of thinking the pain is due to something itself. In my current version of the syndrome
    I have been having back in with sciatica and tingling and numbness in my entire left leg and buttocks.

After reading the book and doing some journaling over the last 3 days I watched Dr. Sarno for 20 minutes and I feel remarkable relief. So I am grateful.
    I don't want to declare total victory just yet.

I think there is something about Dr. Sarno's tone and posture that is very re-assuring. This obviously does not come across as well when you read his book "Healing back pain". That little but powerful books is like my auto-biography. So after watching the video my unconscious mind and I seemed ready to start cooperating once again and I could feel the tingling go from a 6 to about a 1. So I am starting to feel some hope after having being trapped in a vicious cycle of tension <-->pain <--->depression.

So I think this was a very nice gesture and I am also very grateful to find ya'll . Also want to throw some recognition to Forest who just gave a personal tour of the website.

Aho.