1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS on Reddit.com

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone...

For a while, I've thought that it would be great to have a place to share TMS links and posts on reddit.com. Reddit is a website that is extremely popular with some people in their 20s (perhaps younger, perhaps older). By one measure it is, in fact, the 31st most popular website in the United States. It would be great if there were a place to discuss TMS on Reddit.

We've created a little corner of Reddit, called a "subreddit" to discuss TMS:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/tmswiki/

This will be a "slow and steady" type of project that you might not hear much about, so feel free to stop reading unless you are interested. :)

The subreddit won't replace the forum. Instead, like our Facebook page, it will complement the forum. The Facebook page and subreddit will be for people who don't visit the forum very often, but who do visit Facebook or Reddit regularly, and just want to keep up to date on TMS. People who use Reddit are called redditors, and we want to find redditors who are interested in TMS and get them to join.We'll probably put a link on the homepage so people can find it. The link will probably look something like this:
    upload_2013-12-19_21-46-16.png
    After that, we just wait to see whether it grows. Some of us will post there periodically to keep it alive. Slow and steady wins the race....

For anyone who is interested in learning more, I made a video. It's long, so you probably don't want to watch it unless you are curious or want to make an account:

2. Redditor

Redditor Peer Supporter

As a seasoned Redditor, I have subscribed to /r/tmswiki

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for your support! I was there around the time when Digg was collapsing and rage comics were getting big. Haven't been around much so part of me was worried you'd say our strategy was all wrong. I'm glad that that didn't happen.