1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS or Result of Surgery

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Onasunday, Aug 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Onasunday

Onasunday New Member

Hello All,

I haven't been on here in a long while because a couple years ago I rid myself of my god awful nerve pain in my legs and back after recognizing it was TMS. It was a long journey but a rewarding one and life changing. I still go to therapy and have a completely different mindset when it comes to pain. I am however, disturbed by new symptoms that are making life very difficult recently. They are very different and are challenging daily. My concern is that this TMS symptom (if it truly is TMS) is in a very specific part of my spine when I bend or stand up straight. I had a discectomy a couple years before I discovered Sarno and I'm wondering if anyone has had that surgery and if it is possible that my symptoms are not necessarily TMS but are a result of that surgery. The pain is so sharp in the L4/5 region but is not the nerve pain from years earlier. It actually make me twitch sometimes in a very spastic way. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. This community helped save me the first go round.

Thanks.
    Michael