1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Try Reading SARNO and stop the warm and fuzzies

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Baseball65, Apr 11, 2024.

1. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I so like and applaud this encouragement! :)

TG957 and Diana-M like this.
  2. BloodMoon

No, indeed, you wouldn't. As I appreciate you will be aware - so I write this for others coming across this thread and this posting - Dr Sarno wrote the following in 'The Divided Mind':

"Following the initial evaluation, the psychologist decides whether treatment within our program is appropriate. If it is found not to be appropriate, the psychologist may refer the patient to either psychiatric treatment or supportive psychotherapy, or both."

Imo some people with TMS who won't read a Sarno book (or read a Sarno book but don't take Sarno's advice and act on it) are probably either in need of "psychiatric treatment" or/and they need time to hit rock bottom in suffering their pain and other symptoms in order to overcome their brain's strong resistance to them doing anything effective to stop it TMSing symptoms. In Alan Gordon's book 'The Way Out' he tells of how his mother gave him a mind/body book to read that had helped a friend's son recover but he just threw it across the room and didn't read it for a year. Unfortunately, for some people, hitting rock bottom can take all too many years and "psychiatric treatment or supportive psychotherapy, or both" may be beyond a lot of people's financial means so they're liable to remain stuck.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    Cactusflower and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. BloodMoon

Very true. A friend of mine wouldn't read a Sarno book so I suggested they read 'Dr. John Sarno's Top 10 Healing Discoveries' by Steven Ozanich, which summarises Dr Sarno's discoveries; they got on with this and are implementing the advice therein.

JanAtheCPA likes this.