1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ulnar Nerve Subluxation, TMS OR Real?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by reorre121, Aug 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reorre121

reorre121 Newcomer

To give some background I've definitely had TMS in both my right and left elbows on and off for the past 3 years related to tendonitis. In the very beginning it was so bad and I had no clue about anything related to TMS that I would almost refuse to use my arms for even the simplest of everyday tasks in fear of hurting it. But overtime doing research and learning about TMS I was able to recover from this problem.

However, since around January or February this year I began to notice a clearly visible pop/something moving in my elbow whenever I extend it. I can feel it but no other symptoms of numbness or tingling and little actual pain during the pop just uncomfortable. This subluxation of something in my elbow has affected when I work out but is inconsistent. Sometimes it feels hypersensitive and will cause some pain and the elbow is just not feeling normal, this also is associated with the pop becoming more visible and I can feel it stronger. However other times it doesn't bother me even though I can still feel it, the elbow feels much more normal.

My question is how big of a role does TMS really play in this? I know TMS does a little for how on/off my symptoms are but it's just hard to convince myself it's fully TMS because I can literally fully see and feel the obvious structural subluxation in my elbow. I saw two doctors and they said its ulnar nerve subluxation but since I have no nervous related systems I don't need surgery at the moment. Really curious to hear people's opinion on this and if TMS could even play a factor in me developing this subluxation or if that's even possible.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.