1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Homestead Hermit, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Homestead Hermit

Homestead Hermit Peer Supporter

I hadn't checked up on this thread (forgotten I'd posted it) and LOVE all of your responses :) @Lily Rose brings up an awesome point...Maybe our hobbies SHOULD be our life. When we are asked what we DO it always implies what we do for work, for a job, for a career. Blah, blah, blah. But what if we shared those things we love instead, those things
    ...so eloquently put :) For some reason I always thought those things don't count, only a job counts. But I'd like to live my life by THOSE things instead (I'm pretty sure TMS symptoms would lessen and/or go away, too).

Lainey, Sita, plum and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for the kind words :)
    There is a clear delineation between Life-Events/Life-Obligations and LIFE itself.
    Life-events are usually random. Life-obligations are self-imposed AND externally imposed (though that externally imposed may just be our perception rather than actual truth).

Society has conditioned us to believe that our only value is what money we make and what things we acquire.

Our real value is our ability to bring kindness and compassion to the world. The hardest practice is bringing that kindness and compassion to ourselves.
    DSCN4606a.JPG

Flowers are a sweet reminder that Life is beautiful. (This photo was taken a couple weeks ago.)

Be Love <3

3. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Cooking
    Singing
    Dancing
    listening to music
    watching movies
    zumba

Lily Rose, Lainey and plum like this.
  4. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Revisiting this enjoyable read. Had to "Like" everyone's hobbies/pastimes, because I resonated with most if not all of them myself. (except maybe belly-dancing, zumba, and doing teeny-tiny cross-stitch) - but am so happy that there are those of us who DO enjoy these pass-times
    My garden is now in full bloom, azaleas, peonies, lily, iris, etc. After a long, dreary winter this display of color is so welcomed.
    The bees are enjoying the display as well.
    Summer is finally arriving.

5. westb

westb Well known member

Knitting with colourful yarns
    Dancing (by myself around the living room!)
    Walking in nature
    Admiring trees (especially the three majestic aspens in the park at the end of my road)
    Listening to music. I love music.
    Singing (again, just for myself)
    Reading
    Stroking cats

Lily Rose, Lainey and plum like this.
  6. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Aspens are so lovely, their fall color is so vibrant.
    and, stroking cats, have had many, many years of cats, love their soft coats.

Lily Rose and westb like this.
  7. mugwump

Can we see a glimpse of it?

8. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Sorry, no pics.

9. mugwump

It's okay.

10. heidicat27

heidicat27 New Member

Writing out a list of hobbies seems like a healthy exercise. Here we go:
    • skiing
    • hiking
    • martial arts: Krav maga and Muy Thai (I started these activities a year ago and they've done wonders for my stress/rage as well as my self-confidence and physical/mental health)
    • working out -- cross training for martial arts.
    • cooking - I love making vegan instant pot recipes!
    • knitting - used to love knitting but it's been a while. Maybe I need to try again
    Hmm, that's about it. Maybe I need to pick up a few more!

Lily Rose likes this.
  11. GeorgianaPaulson

GeorgianaPaulson Newcomer

I love:
    singing
    dancing
    cooking
    Having someone play with my hair
    Baths
    Water parks
    Falling asleep with my dog

Lily Rose and westb like this.
  12. Titus Groan

Titus Groan Peer Supporter

I like:

• Reading and reviewing books (particularly classic literature and science fiction)
    • Listening to music (progressive, folk, classical, classic rock - all sorts!)
    • Playing music (guitar and piano chiefly)
    • Watching, discussing and reviewing films
    • Writing (reviews, stories and scripts)
    • Editing (video and audio)
    • Studying my bible
    • Walking in the countryside
    • Running
    • Beer tasting (the snobby, good stuff)
    • Eating nice food
    • Spending time with my dog (rare, since she lives with my parents and they live far away!)
    • Spending time with friends and siblings
    Some of the above have only just started to become possible again now I've discovered TMS.

Years ago I loved video games. I assumed I'd never be able to play again and was considering selling it all - but who knows, maybe I can give it another go?

Kittyruns likes this.
  13. mugwump

I love to bake but sad that I have to give myself some time to relax. I need to spend some free time walking at the park to release stress. So right now, walking is my hobby.

14. Jennifer91

Jennifer91 Newcomer

go to nature,
    go Hiking,
    go digging for worms and go fishing.
    I spend more time at the computer and after a long work I relax in video games!

15. fishy

fishy New Member

anything nature related fills me with awe. Birding, gardening, hiking, cloudwatching....
    I am lucky enough to work in the wildlife conservation field and work with animals directly, and it is an absolute joy.
    I have a house full of aquariums and terrariums for the long winters, and I love to read.

Sita likes this.
  16. mugwump

cooking and sleeping hahaha