1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

All the Rage Film Who told you about Dr.Sarno

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Caroline Rumur, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Caroline Rumur

Caroline Rumur Well known member

Hey everyone! I just had a thought! Everyone has a story about how they found out about Dr.Sarno! I thought the people who told us about Dr.Sarno would like to know about the film.

I thought we could think back to how we all found out about Dr.Sarno, maybe it was a person and we could tell them about he film. What do you guys think?

I was also thinking if there is anyone that you guys have given Sarno's books and they healed! They would probably love to hear about the film too.

Can you identify these people? I am sure they would love to see the great footage we have of Dr.Sarno.

Let me know your thoughts!

Becca likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Caroline.
    When I began having severe back pain I emailed a nurse friend in Hawaii
    and she told me to read Dr. Sarno's book Healing Back Pain.
    She said a mutual friend, a psychiatrist, was having bad back pain and it healed after he read the book.

I'm sure she would love to know about the documentary.
    She is Ruth Huang and her email address is ruthhuang@hotmail.com

Great idea to include this.

Walt

Caroline Rumur likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Caroline.
    When I began having severe back pain I emailed a nurse friend in Hawaii
    and she told me to read Dr. Sarno's book Healing Back Pain.
    She said a mutual friend, a psychiatrist, was having bad back pain and it healed after he read the book.

I'm sure she would love to know about the documentary.
    She is Ruth Hwang and her email address is ruthhuang@hotmail.com

4. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

I was googling for MS, found a link to a forum about TMS (tmshelp forum) and for some reason was curious enough to click on it an find out what it was about. My jaw fell to the ground once I started reading and was advised by a forum member to start reading Sarno... (just read the particular thread, it was SteveO who suggested Sarno :) )

5. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

I Googled how to heal back pain naturally and came across dr sarnos name. I bought his book right away.

6. Day-Cee

Day-Cee Peer Supporter

thanks Google!!!! :D

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I think this is very helpful for the documentary because it gives a good idea of how
    people are finding out about Dr. Sarno and TMS. I encourage everyone to give their reply
    to this request from Caroline. And also hope others make suggestions as to how to help
    people learn about TMS.

8. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

I found out by reading someone's success story on a forum for "Sore Hands". It was a one of a kind story buried deep in the archives. Thank the Lord that I found it when I did.

I looked into it because I was at the end of my rope. Hope was lost until that lone success story sparked it again.

Funny thing is that after I healed, I went back to the forum to provide this help to others and I was rejected by most other sufferers.

I didn't help a single one of them, but perhaps a seed was planted.

9. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

I was watching this BBC Horizon Docu on Pain and it featured a Dr Turo Nurmikko from Liverpool University who was getting great success using Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation on those with chronic pain. It showed this lovely lady artist who began crying when she got momentary relief...and I began crying too. I thought , finally some hope! contacted the university looking to know if they wanted a new lab rat but said it was very small selective study at present and to try again in a few years.
    So last year I googled TcMS therapy and came across the TMS wiki which then led me to buy the book in December last year, I didn't read the book until August this year as I was pretty sceptical. Now here I find myself, not with total relief but an improvement and realisation that I have a lot of work to do to reverse those years of negative conditioning.

link to documentary, its pretty interesting.
    http://rutube.ru/video/547183a7a629d11e3563f0eab2cd7406/

10. labrador

labrador New Member

I found out by reading a success story on a myofascial pain forum. Then I googled Sarno, found this forum and bought the book...

11. ermelin

ermelin New Member

A friend gave me Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain book after I was suffering of back pain for over 5 years and doctor couldn't find out what was wrong with me. My friend heard about Sarno through Howard Stern.