1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

GeorgieO Why would our own body cause us pain?”

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Forest, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I recently came across this new blog post from TMS practitioner, Georgie Oldfield and thought it was really helpful. It is really easy to ask why would my body create such severe pain? By understanding what our body and mind is trying to tell us we can finally overcome these symptoms. To read more of Georgie's blog posts visit http://www.georgieoldfield.com/index.php/about-georgie/blog

2. dabatross

dabatross Well known member

fantastic post reaffirmed a lot of info for me. going to print this one out. two things that really related to me were being negative and what you resist persists. those are two things that ive had tons of struggle with

3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Great post.

Interesting to think that sometimes pain might be just from information overload...I think this happens to me sometimes too.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I really like the idea of what you resist, persits. It is very easy for us to obsess over our treatment and symptoms. TMS wants to distract us, and it can use the treatment itself to do this if we let it. It is similar to the ideas in the thread, Is it PPD or a structural issue. It is so important to understand what we are focusing on. If our only focus is on getting rid of our symptoms, then it is likely that our focus is on our symptoms, which will feed the TMS process. However, if we focus on simply allowing our emotions and thinking psychologically, we will begin to gradually make progress.

Veronica, I'm glad you pointed out that quote. There are a lot of things that can keep us activated and perpetually on the go. All to often we try to just go, go, go and ignore whatever is below the surface. It is as if we have blinders on, where we just focus on what is in front of us, and ignore anything that just happened. We simply need to take time for ourselves and process some of the emotions/events/issues that happened recently. I have to be honest this one is really difficult for me to do. When I have a lot going on (which is been happening a lot lately) I consume myself with my work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take time out to defus, relax, and allow the unconscious mind to process everything?

5. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

That's hard for me too, forest...I find lately I need more time to sleep and to just let my mind wander. I meditate a lot and I find that helps too.

6. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Well I find that I have to make the time for down time. I don't answer my phone, I watch a dumb show on TV (not really it's a show on current events which I really enjoy while cooking dinner) and spending time with my animals and husband. (Maybe that should have been the other way around?) Anyway - down time every day. Phone: Off. What you like to do: "on". It helps me to calm down and if I don't have this at the end of the day, well my back hurts even more.

I have morning time that's mine, and late afternoon/early evening time. Just an hour or so to focus on my family and light hearted stuff helps. Works to keep the anxiety at bay at least for me.

BG

veronica73 likes this.