1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Working through emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sam222, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Sam222

Sam222 New Member

I'm a little late on this but I actually needed a break for a couple days :)

Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?

It's honestly sort of hard for me to say. I think I do recognize it pretty well now as I've worked pretty hard at it over the last few months, but I think the problem is I have a lot of subconscious thoughts that I sometimes don't catch. I can often have a loud inner critic, or put pressure on myself without realizing it. However, I'm able to tell when I'm experiencing fear, anger, or sadness for the most part. I do have majority of the tendencies people with mind-body syndrome have (people pleaser, Perfectionist, Severe anxiety, etc), so I'm just trying to unlearn many thoughts and behaviors that have not served me well over time. I've also been through a lot more traumatic events than the average person so I know that I need to be patient with myself and give myself plenty of time to process all of the journaling I'm doing and other life changes.

It's also fascinating to me that a bunch of the things that I am dealing with are so intertwined with one another. I've been on a codependency journey, dealing with severe anxiety/CPTSD, and chronic pain and it's just so interesting to me that the treatment for all of these things is really quite similar. I'm thankful to be learning so much about myself and overall becoming a much happier person, even if the process is slower than I'd like it to be.

I've had quite a bit of success since Learning about MBS nearly 3 months ago. I can't wait to see where this goes for me. :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.