1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I get concussion symptoms from tiny hits to the head

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Shajarcito, May 7, 2023.

1. JaneSandyJane

JaneSandyJane Peer Supporter

Sounds like migraine to me (post traumatic migraine I think it's called) -- I had that when my sister's car was hit from behind and I bumped my head

2. Shajarcito

Shajarcito Peer Supporter

@kai123 Thanks for your encouraging response!
    I'm glad for you that new little bumps in the head don't flare up your symptoms anymore - that's awesome.
    Since I started this thread, my reaction to tiny hit was gradually improved too!
    Nonetheless, I am also more cautious about bumping my head again as a tall guy, still bearing in mind the first strong bump.
    So it's kind of a combination of the two - I protect my head more than in the past and at the same time when I happen to hit the head I try not to freak out as much.
    So far so good!
    All best,

kai123 likes this.
  3. kai123

kai123 New Member

Oh absolutely! Taking precautions to minimise the number of times you bump your head makes sense for anyone, especially since you are taller than average. E.g. we have a rule at my house that we don't leave upper cabinet doors open.

Amazing that working on your fear response has helped a bit already. So glad to hear it. I'm sure it will be a continued journey for us both but hopefully it gets easier from here.

Shajarcito likes this.