1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

1 Week in- feedback.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Teatimetraveller, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Teatimetraveller

Teatimetraveller New Member

Hi everyone.

I've been doing the SEP for 1 week now as well as doing more learning around the theme of TMS.

Prior to hearing about TMS I had been in acute pain for around 3 months. This followed a severe pain episode which led me to being hospitalised with suspected cauda equina syndrome (which was ruled out). I've been taking NSAIDS, opiates and benzodiazepines and my life has been on hold over this period. Luckily I have a very supportive family.

I've totally resonated with the idea of TMS and my personality and childhood definitely fit the descriptions.

I've had some quite amazing responses to the SEP over the last week including begining to learn how to talk myself out of pain flare ups; to the point where a few days ago I decided to stop taking all medication, something that had been a dominant thing in my life from waking to going to sleep. Upon hearing that it was encouraged in TMS treatment it was something that I was really anxious about doing. I've had a few painful experiences since but no worse than when I was taking the meds. Being off opiates/ diazepam has made a big difference to my emotional experiences.

I've always thought I was quite emotionally aware but doing the journaling program has revealed some latent issues from past events and themes running through my life which are definitely challenging to face but know where near as painful as the muscle spasms and sciatica. I think there's a long way to go but I currently feel that I have a good grounding in the process of recovery although probably a long way to go before I'm pain,fear free and totally mobile.

To anyone else who like me is just starting out on the TMS journey but hasn't begun the SEP I'd say go for it and have faith in yourself to get well. Thanks also to everyone who has contributed to putting this all together, lots of gratitude.

hawaii_five0 likes this.