1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 :(GT) TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by georgethee, Oct 13, 2017.

1. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

After my first successful dr. Sarno treatment, im back it seems with something that came out of nowhere. Months after my back/neck pain I now started having urination issues. In August I had family over and went to NYC to play tourist guide. I noticed I needed to urinate more frequent throught the day walking. I ‘google’ the symptoms (mistake n#1) and order some herbs that could help.

In September we spent a weekend at a beach hotel and we drank and eat a lot. I was miserable I was up all night constant urinating, weak flow, no pain. That monday I went to my primary doctor and he claimed must be uti or prostatitis and put me on a 10 day Cipro antibiotics treatment. The frequency went down but I got some weird side effects like joint pain. I ‘google’ prostatitis (mistake no#2) and got a bit of a scare that this might be something chronic.

Still struggling with urination I went to an urologist in October. He did a prostate exam, urine analysis and a void scan. He told void seems ok but prostate was inflamed and put me on Mobic (5days) and Afluzosin (30days). I also had a procedure called UroCuff to measure bladder pressure and flow pressure. After 3 days the frequent urination symptoms (from 12 times/day to 5 times/day) went down but now I woke up at night to urinate and I had an urge/pressure to urinate and bowel movement all day.

Now 7 days on Afluzozin the frequency urination is increasing in the evening and night. Im at a point I feel depressed, fatigue and down and its hard to concentrate on anything positive.

My dad (75) just had a BPH procedure done in May and that has been on my mind every single day. Everything went well and he’s extremely happy with the results. I know something is not right and I told my wife maybe this is TMS again. Im not even sure if that part of the anatomy is or could be TMS related. So here we are again, day one. Starting ready Dr. Sarno’s book again.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

So sorry to hear you are feeling like you have to start over. It's a good thing your getting the doctor to rule out other things. If it's not medically based, know that you have the skills to kick these symptoms in the teeth since you've been successful in the past. An aside-I also had some WACKY side effects from Cipro-never again! The pain cannot win-we win. Good luck on your journey.

JanAtheCPA likes this.