1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 21- starting school with TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by annarowens, Jan 20, 2016.

1. annarowens

annarowens Peer Supporter

Today is about simplifying my life. I can't really simplify my life anymore than I have, so I am choosing instead to reprioritize! Before I begin studying each day I do my TMS work and journaling. I view it as important self care that sets the tone for the rest of my day! I also make time to meditate and exercise 30 minutes. I am a very spiritual person so prayer is important as well. All of these things sound as if they would take all day but as long as I keep them a priority just as I do stopping to eat lunch or dinner, I think this is the best approach I can take to beginning new classes and not letting the stress of those classes get to me!

laradara likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, annaowens. You are doing great! Reprioritizing is terrific, as are taking the time to meditate and exercise. You are going to notice the benefits as you get back to school. Don't forget deep breathing! I believe that simplifying our life is very important in relaxing. A good friend kept her house so cluttered, it drove her husband nuts. He said he loved coming to my house because it was uncluttered and as he put it, "Your house is an oasis in a discordant world."

3. annarowens

Thank you Walt! So far so good! This week has been a hard pain week but I've had some things going on. I actually caught a virus that gave me headaches and body aches for a week which of course frightened me that I was going backwards! Its gone now but the shoulder pain has acted up pretty badly since it went away about 3 days ago! I think it must still be residual fear and I continue to tell myself I am okay, journal, meditate and take medication/ice it when I need it (and try not to beat myself up about this)! I know it will circle back around to being better!

laradara likes this.
  4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Good for you for sticking with what is healthy practice for you Anna! I know that when I'm rushed and eliminate my meditation or prayer before I leave for work, my day just doesn't have the right focus.
    You're correct--it doesn't have to take long. But at least my days seem so much longer if I omit them!
    Blessings on the journey.

laradara likes this.
  5. annarowens

So true Gigi! Just last night I was getting into bed and I was thinking I need to go to bed but I stopped and read a few Psalms and it really lifted me up! It's strange how the very things our soul needs are the things we tend to let slip! We humans living in this western culture are definitely a piece of work!

laradara likes this.