1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 37 - self care question

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Archie, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

I have just read the day 5 comment from the writer about finding it hard to figure out what things they enjoy. I am at day 37 and have run up against the same issue - what self-care do I do? Or rather - I feel very stuck re what to do to self-care. I have always had such a drive to "do" and "achieve" , the prospect of doing something which has no purpose, only joy, is actually quite unappealing! However, I do see worth in it so will endeavour to find something. Funny how hard these things are! :)

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

"the prospect of doing something which has no purpose, only joy, is actually quite unappealing!" :)

Reserve some time to watch animals; it is both enjoyable and educational. They are masters at doing things that (seemingly!!) have no purpose. You sound like a honey badger, so I suggest you take a look at your profile photo that shows us the king of doing nothing....

3. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

How true you are! my cat is sleep next to me as I write this, probably in quiet, pointless, joy !!!

Lizzy likes this.